Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   GC8 exhaust (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/56866-gc8-exhaust.html)

Sammy82 10-12-2013 11:03 PM

GC8 exhaust

Hi guys,

I wanted an opinion on a turbo back exhaust for my version 6 Sti...I really like the classic rumble sound of the boxer exhaust but it seems like the 2 most recommended exhausts (performance wise) are the butler and the hitech but from the couple of youtube clips I've seen they don't seem to have the classic rumble of the boxer that I've heard from other Rex's I've seen on the road ... What would you guys recommend? Is the performance of other brands comparable to these? By the way, my car is completely stock but I've got a new powerfc, CAI, and wallbro fuel pump ready to be installed and tuned at ASG...

By the way I want an exhaust that doesn't drone (search button has suggested not to get a canon!)

Thanks in advance!

thehowlfactor 10-12-2013 11:39 PM

Here's RJ999s Invidia N1 Racing. Is this the sort of thing you are after?

[YT]Ajb5JEfh6No[/YT]

Sammy82 11-12-2013 12:01 AM

Although I like the sound, it's not the classic boxer exhaust noise...I may pop over and hear it in person...

nauli 11-12-2013 08:14 AM

Butler will give you the "classic sound" + quality....

Darken 11-12-2013 10:56 AM

Hey Bud,

I have a 3 inch canon XForce exhaust. I'm pretty chuffed with it! My mate hooked me up with a really good price. Then we fitted it ourselves!

PM me if you want to have a looksee and listen!

Cheers

wrx oh oh 11-12-2013 02:38 PM

I have a Hitech on my classic, it does not drone, it does rumble,
it is not a quiet exhaust but legal.
I do not see how an exhaust can stop the rumble, maybe if it is very quiet,
it is equal length headers that eliminates the classic rumble.

VUSSUTE 19-12-2013 12:39 AM

Hey mate... Version 6 in blue steel (I own one too) my absolute favorite.
I have a Hitech exhaust... they are a bit on the expensive side but it does not drone at all!!!! It has the perfect amount of burble but isnt too loud and in your face either.
There are cheaper systems out there but I just love the build quality and sound of the Hitechs.

fobz 19-12-2013 08:26 PM

Varex. You can shut the system up when cruising. I have one, at 110 driving country roads the drone is gone and its quiet like a corolla.
Drop me a line and you're welcome to meet somewhere to see/hear it.

SL33P3R 19-12-2013 08:29 PM

I'm sure someone on here has a butler built on a GC8, great sound IMO, not loud or droning, have to hear it on a GC8 because the sound changes slightly for GD and a fair bit from '08 on, and has to be in person, microphones ruin good sounds

Kiiz 19-12-2013 10:57 PM

i had a decatted butler exhaust on my first version 6 and it sounded amazing up top of the rev range. now i have a custom china exhaust on my current version 6 and still love the sound, doesnt sound as good as the butler admittedly.

i think the deeper classic boxer sound your looking for comes from a mild steel exhaust...?