Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2014, 07:33 PM
STI Master

amtrapid knows their stuff
Default Rs intercooler question

Hey Ppl ,
Im pulling the motor and box out of the Rs clutch is slipping in 3rd so going to give one of the stage 2 Competition clutches from Vision R a go heard good feedback from several people , do my timing belt and idlers water pump check the oil pump is still all good, not coming loose and just give the motor and box a general freshen up . New silicone hoses , knuckle for shifter linkage rear main etc. Kind of spewing about my waterless coolant but managed to save 90% of it when I emptied the cooling system and the extra in my water to air cooler will make 110%.
Any how speaking of coolers while the motor is out I'm thinking of finally ditching the RS WTAIC setup. Im running 97 wrx heads on the rs closed deck with a 97 gearbox rear diff and ECU. Ive decided on a PFC and while the motors out im trying to get a vf23/24 and look at an injector up grade.
The car is driven regularly and I'm doing hillclimbs and track work with it . been thinking of a front mount due to me not liking bonnet scoops for the attention factor (I'm running a GX bonnet).
Is anyone using the empire performance front mounts as Im leaning towards a gc8 kit and modding it to fit the rs I can paint the intercooler black do a neat install and I still have my sleeper look.

Mainly look at one due to the cost and the fact I'm not chasing massive numbers or am I better off for my mods using an aftermarket top mount and looking at biting the bullet and going back to my RS bonnet.

I know and have experience with the brand name kits , but haven't had any with Empire as a brand . Anyone using their gear and feedback appreciated.

cheers

Tags
intercooler, question, rs