Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-11-2014, 02:23 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

SPECRDAN at standard level
Default My first experience with a WRX

Hi guys/girls,

Just thought I'd jump on here and share my thoughts on my first WRX. 3 days ago I flew back from work and picked up my new toy. MY11 WRX STI Spec R. Took it nice and steady for day number 1 and day number 2 to see if I could feel any problems with it (I'm a nervous second hand car buyer) but to my delight everything seem to be running perfectly. So day number 3 the reigns came off, flicked it into sport sharp and took a drive up the hills. What a car!! I really cannot believe how responsive it is compared to every other car I've driven. Nothing compares to it. I'm not going to pretend to be a great driver because I'm not but this thing is unbelievable. I can now understand where your passion comes from. The gear box and clutch feels remarkably smooth and the acceleration is responsive and set me right back in my seat. The only regret I have about buying one of these is wasting so much money on every other car that I have bought in the past. Looking forward to driving around in this car for a very long time and obviously modding my new pride and joy to make it even more exhilarating to drive.

Now 100% Subaru converted!!
Old 21-11-2014, 02:28 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

grape juice at standard level

No doubting it they are great cars. I find that even the most novice of drivers can get an amazing feel and thrill from them.

In the hands of a professional, nothing short of an animal.
SPECRDAN likes this.

"All in relation to nothing. Nothing in relation to infinity. A central point to both, And infinitely far from understanding either."
Old 21-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Subaru Tech Division

thehowlfactor knows their stuff

Since I got mine I have noticed it has made me a more confident driver. Having the power and handling available if you need it makes a world of difference.
SPECRDAN likes this.
Old 21-11-2014, 02:54 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Ko[R]uPt at standard level

Glad you love it!

If this is your first awd car, you will also love the wet weather performance! The amount of grip available is unbelievable.
SPECRDAN likes this.
Old 21-11-2014, 03:26 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

grape juice at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko[R]uPt View Post
Glad you love it!

If this is your first awd car, you will also love the wet weather performance! The amount of grip available is unbelievable.
Always nice when someone jumps in your car as a passenger thats only driven rwd or fwd cars.

I'm just taking roundabouts and corners in what i consider to be normal speed in the wet (not dangerous at all). Meanwhile they're are gripping the door handle and have eyes like moons hahaha
SPECRDAN likes this.

"All in relation to nothing. Nothing in relation to infinity. A central point to both, And infinitely far from understanding either."
Old 21-11-2014, 03:35 PM
STI Master

JRecardo at standard level

Yeah, they're alright.
SPECRDAN likes this.
Old 21-11-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko[R]uPt View Post
Glad you love it!

Yup, first awd. Been driving 14 years and moved here from the UK 3 years ago. Always thought rwd V8's was the thing over here so I had 2 SS Utes. What a waste of money when I could have been driving one of these the whole time.
s20525xxx likes this.
Old 21-11-2014, 07:31 PM
Flat Four Father

mitchwnz knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to mitchwnz Send a message via Skype™ to mitchwnz

Awesome to hear mate! I must say I had a similar experience stepping out of a company car (VE Omega) into my first WRX. Unlike you I started with the regular WRX and then moved to the STI. I reckon try and find some Motorsport events with an experienced instructor that can teach you how to drive your car to the limits.. you won't regret it. Then upgrade it some more and rinse and repeat
Old 21-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Hey SPACRDAN. Nice I intro. Nice to see someone so happy to find themselves in a WRX.
If you're looking to REALLY find out how good the car is, as Mitch suggested - try dipping into some performance driving / motorsport. It seems like something you might enjoy/appreciate.
(Join WRX Club of WA and come check out their 'end of year bash' at RAC Driver Training Centre. You only need a helmet take part. It's great value for club members at just $35!)
SPECRDAN likes this.
Old 21-11-2014, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwnz View Post
Awesome to hear mate! I must say I had a similar experience stepping out of a company car (VE Omega) into my first WRX. Unlike you I started with the regular WRX and then moved to the STI. I reckon try and find some Motorsport events with an experienced instructor that can teach you how to drive your car to the limits.. you won't regret it. Then upgrade it some more and rinse and repeat

That's sounds really fun! Maybe next year when I've had it for 6 months or so and I'm really confident behind the wheel of it. Doubt it will take that long but I've never really done anything like track driving in a car. I raced for a season on my bike round a few tracks but yeah, totally different a ball game in a car. Sounds like a good thing to get into. Maybe next year Definitely don't regret my Subaru move one bit!

Tags
experience, wrx