Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 08:41 AM
Scoobie Noobie

NEHoward86 at standard level
Default New to forums first time posting.

Hi all, first tym posting so pls take it easy on me, lol, if I post in the wrong place just tell me.
first time owner of a wrx first time turbo owner. My other car is a gen3 liberty n/a so I got myself a 2001 wrx, the car looked pretty stock apart from the Hugh top mount with bov and 4 inch rear box. well after getting it home, it has a, VF22 turbo doesn't look stock? Not sure, STI intake manifold, EMS stinger 4424, bigger injectors and fuel rails. It looks like steel braded fuel lines with regulator and gauge and catch can setup. My biggest worry is rego. Is there anything I should be worried about, with the ecu, Or get replaced? Or something more I may need to get or replace for rego??? And is all this stuff going to pass a rego check. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm just new to all this and still learning myself.

All Wheel Grip Not Rear Wheel Slip!!!
Old 04-11-2014, 09:00 AM
STI Master

Spektre knows their stuff

First of all welcome.

Second of all, please re-read things before you press post and have a look at formatting. Tax payers have spent thousands of dollars on schooling, please use the skills that have been given to you.

To answer your question, I think, to pass rego all of those modifications look stock. the inter cooler and turbo they wont know the difference. The fuel lines will be fine also. They look for if the car is roadworthy. Oil leaks, exhaust etc

Congrats on buying a good car by the sounds of it. Pictures say a thousand words.
#217 Street Cars WA
Full 04 STi drivetrain
08 JDM 207
Garrett 3076 xtr
Old 04-11-2014, 09:24 AM
Subaru Tech Division

thehowlfactor knows their stuff

Welcome. As above, pictures may help other members determine any issues you may have getting the car registered.

Last edited by thehowlfactor; 04-11-2014 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:43 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words, and input, so just try and make him look as stock as possible. its in the shed dirty as hell, and I'm replacing all old and blue silicone with new black silicone. And updating the catch can. Once its all back together Ill take some pictures. To see if you guys think its stock enuff or needs more work. Should I get a turbo cover, take the paint off the intake manifold. Anything like this. The wrx just went over 119000kms which was the main reason I purchased it.
And sorry about the picture quality, ill take better ones when I go to upload more later. And I will work on my grammar. if that's what you call it, lol

Attached Thumbnails
uploadfromtaptalk1415068440687.png   uploadfromtaptalk1415068866992.jpg  
Old 04-11-2014, 12:28 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Welcome,

It's okay to breathe whilst typing.
JRecardo and NEHoward86 like this.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:23 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Rslib72 at standard level

I would not bother about the red manifold cover the sti versions came out stock that way. Your catch can set up I cannot tell from those pics but if it's vented to atmo its a no no...
I have mine vented to atmo but as stealth as possible if your car has the boost upped it usually is the best way.

Mark
Old 04-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Scoobie Noobie

hi, mark
Yes it vents to the atmosphere, and no it just runs 10psi which is about stock, is that right? Have you got or can you make up a diagram of how your catch can is setup? And what's the difference in the catch cans with a filter on them and ounces without?

Nik

Old 04-11-2014, 08:04 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Captain Awesome at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEHoward86 View Post
hi, mark
Yes it vents to the atmosphere, and no it just runs 10psi which is about stock, is that right? Have you got or can you make up a diagram of how your catch can is setup? And what's the difference in the catch cans with a filter on them and ounces without?

Nik

I like your attempt at a sig, but go into your account settings and put it there so you don't have to type it every time
(AKA: "User CP" located top left. If you're having trouble finding it, push CTRL + F, then type "User CP", it'll highlight that badboy for you)

Last edited by Captain Awesome; 04-11-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:31 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Rslib72 at standard level

My set up is drivers side rocker cover breather and pcv valve connects to a t piece then to the catch can passenger side straight to the catch can which was custom made with some steel wool with no filter on top.

My car has a sti spec engine uses the original rs closed deck block with forged Pistons sti manifold running a vos chip at 16 psi boost so I have a bit of blow by it did have little k&n filter on top but fouled up to quickly so just went atmo. Your model might be different as mine is an older car so your pcv valve setup maybe different. Someone else with more knowledge on your model on here should be able to help...
Old 04-11-2014, 10:29 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Satie12 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEHoward86 View Post
hi, mark

Nik

You will find wrx's are 15psi boost from factory mate.

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

Tags
forums, posting, time