Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-11-2014, 01:58 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEHoward86 View Post
1) PFR6G Do NOT regap these plugs! I run 24psi on stock plug gaps with the same coils your motor has

2) so how I describe it being installed is fine? Yes - it's fine

3) my throttle body is looking old anyways. If I can get the whole throttle body plus all sensors. Plus New gasket, will it still need a tune? Throttle bodies don't wear out - zero gains by replacing it. Your TPS needs adjustment or replacement after diagnosis on the TPS sensor by a tech.

4) I'm 100% sure its coming from the top plug on the throttle body. Like a ticking sound. once the ignition is switched off there is no power supplied to any engine management components in the engine bay - unless you have a turbo timer.

5) thanks heaps for the reply hey. Once iv trouble shot these items, its going straight to the tuners. And I thought I had a IC leak only cause its the only silicone pipe I didn't replace. I might just replace that one too. Thanks again.

All Wheel Grip Not Rear Wheel Slip!!!
Did you use new intake manifold gaskets when you removed & re-painted it?

Also your car should be running around 18-20psi on that VF22 if it's been tuned properly.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Last edited by Rossco; 24-11-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old 24-11-2014, 02:48 PM
Scoobie Noobie

NEHoward86 at standard level

1) so when I regaped the new ones befor putting them in was a no no? Should have I left them?

2) Cool, probley end up going with a moroso aos after a bit of time.

3) after powercoating the intake manifold it does look pretty sad next to it. lol

4) yes theres a turbo timer on the dash.

I used new gaskets on the intake, throttle body and bov. The 400km I did drive the car, it hit boost at 2800 and held 10 nicely, the car drove nice with boost leaks from the old pipes and oil was being sprayed around everywhere cause the filler gauge on the side of the catch can was broken at the bottom. After getting it home from the 400km trip home, I was surprised myself it drove so nicely. Isn't 18-20 a little high for a stock engine?

Old 24-11-2014, 03:18 PM

1. You should never re-gap platimun plugs (there's a risk of the platinum chip breaking loose at a later time)

2. If it's the type that mounts to the filler neck - save your money, they don't work.

3. Clean it then - use an alloy cleaner & a tooth brush

4. Does it work?

1.3-1.4bar is pretty normal for re-tunes on stock 2 litres. moderate boost increases (18 psi is only 3-4psi over stock) doesn't kill engines - too much timing & insufficient fueling kills them.
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 24-11-2014, 03:34 PM
Scoobie Noobie

NEHoward86 at standard level

1) never knew cheers

2) no its a catch can type. They make them for the wrx's

3) Yeh, lol

4) yes it works, I tested it after I shut it down the other day.

And I unlocked the ecu its password was 4424.
Im going to get it seen by autotech engineering in Sydney. Iv gotta go away for work after this weekend for 6 weeks so its just gonna sit in the shed till I'm back then it will go to the tune shop.

Thanks for your time to hey, much appreciated.

Old 24-11-2014, 04:42 PM

You might want to put up your location - I thought you were based in Western Australia (Hence Perth-WRX).

Tags
forums, posting, time