Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2016, 05:23 PM
Sir AntiLag

VUSSUTE at standard level

Hey guys. Yeah i dont intend going E85 as yet, as its just not common enough for my liking......... Yet!
The only reason I thought if doing this, is as I said, it seems to make a very big difference in my GU Patrol. I know they are very different cars, but the process is very similar.

I was more thinking of using it when stuck in traffic, or waiting in the line at the motorplex where heatsoak is a big issue. When driving around there would be no need to have it on. I should have specified that.

I have gone for drives around the block and the intercooler is too hot to touch. A few minutes with the fan on, at standstill, would cool the intercooler dramatically. My GU intercooler is cold to touch when its thermo is on after about 1 minute.

Not fast enough dammit!
Old 12-02-2016, 06:03 PM
STI Master

amtrapid knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUSSUTE View Post
Hey guys. Yeah i dont intend going E85 as yet, as its just not common enough for my liking......... Yet!
The only reason I thought if doing this, is as I said, it seems to make a very big difference in my GU Patrol. I know they are very different cars, but the process is very similar.

I was more thinking of using it when stuck in traffic, or waiting in the line at the motorplex where heatsoak is a big issue. When driving around there would be no need to have it on. I should have specified that.

I have gone for drives around the block and the intercooler is too hot to touch. A few minutes with the fan on, at standstill, would cool the intercooler dramatically. My GU intercooler is cold to touch when its thermo is on after about 1 minute.

Give it a go mate its the only way to know for sure . Investing in some heat shielding for the turbo and dump pipe is also a great help.
Dan [GTI] likes this.
Old 14-02-2016, 11:00 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

REXXXED 2.0 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUSSUTE View Post

should just buy kimbas tsl charge cooler

custard is love custard is life
Old 15-02-2016, 12:41 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

I've done tests like this. The best thing I found was to just open the throttle to about 1.5-2k rpm. The air flowing through the intercooler and into motor cools down the tmic that way. A fan will do nothing and only cause a restriction when at higher speed where you actually need cooler charged air. Also for at the drags the revving the engine helps to heat the header pipes too to be better performance. It's a win win.
Alternate and Dan [GTI] like this.

http://kap.industries/
The Following User Says Thank You to RUSSGT For This Useful Post:
Dan [GTI] (15-02-2016)
Old 15-02-2016, 12:59 PM
STI Master

Bob at standard level

From the description of what you want it for, it sounds like a simple water spray on the cooler would do the trick.
Dan [GTI] likes this.

Tags
draw, fan, thermo, tmic