Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-03-2018, 10:15 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Wozza at standard level
Default Save my Liberty, please

Hi everyone, my name is Kyle MacMillan

I own a 2003 Subaru Liberty GT Premium, this is my dream car and I love her so.

Unfortunately the engine has blown up. My hypothesis is that the piston has shattered or the head lifted and warped the bore. Dok dok dok. I am unfortunately mentally ill; having been hospitalized on several occasions with depression, anxiety, borderline personality disorder, schizophrenic tendencies and childhood PTSD. I have been declared entirely unfit for work, unable to afford much in the way of food and bills let alone a new heart for my Subi. If I had a vehicle there is a workplace who would overlook my conditions and would allow me to create a livelihood once more.

What I'm typing out here is a plea for help in a community which has yielded me so much support prior, I am at the last of my anything and everyone is hounding me for cash I don't have, I've not been eating or improving, only ever deteriorating and as it is I can't really see a way through.

My liberty was realistically all I had to be proud of, the fruits of my labor and the symbol of what I could achieve. It was hope, it was personal freedom. Gone for an hour in that and I couldn't hear my demons any longer. But now they're back and shouting.

I will be entirely appreciative of any support offered. Whether it be a share or kind words. If you have financial advice or otherwise I'm also open to it. I am desperate.
This is the GoFundMe*https://www.gofundme.com/Save-my-liberty-please
Please, please save my dream.

https://youtu.be/OkzQk9Ax1nE

Finally I beg you, please don't make fun of me or send something harmful. I can't take it like I used too and even seemingly harmless banter may push me off a cliff with no recovery.

Click image for larger version

Name:	28143118_15201246220_r.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	16771Click image for larger version

Name:	23757498_1515068592.119_funddescription.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	16772Click image for larger version

Name:	23757498_1515070259.5632_funddescription.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	16773

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
Old 13-03-2018, 10:44 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Rslib72 at standard level

i don't know if you have priced a motor already but most cheapest option is a import motor i got one for my old liberty and has been good through Swan Auto in maddington. Also heard good things about Japline but i think they are in malaga.

All the best Mark
Old 15-03-2018, 02:40 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Wozza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rslib72 View Post
i don't know if you have priced a motor already but most cheapest option is a import motor i got one for my old liberty and has been good through Swan Auto in maddington. Also heard good things about Japline but i think they are in malaga.

All the best Mark
I sent a few messages out when it first happened looking for an import, with no reply. The wreckers want 3000+ minus accessories and turbo. I'm in extreme dire straights financially and literally cannot afford to eat most days.

Everything in this fund-raiser - 7.5% for fees can be considered all the money I have. It's going straight into a separated account so that it won't be pilfered by bills or debt collectors, but I wouldn't be asking for money if I could avoid it. Being unable to work and losing all of my income has been incredibly stressful and indeed detrimental to my mental health. Thus the cycle continues.

I will call the people you've suggested, thank you for the leads and advice in that regards. Truly.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
Old 19-03-2018, 12:13 AM
Flat Four Father

seagull knows their stuff

Why has the car been stripped so much in the front end ?
Old 19-03-2018, 08:27 AM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
Refer to the 3rd photo
Hurtenstein likes this.
Old 20-03-2018, 11:22 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Wozza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull View Post
We started the process of disassembly to try and get the engine out and following advice and help from my step father we removed most of everything as it was, in his mind the best method for the job, I conceded to experience on this one. Additionally this car has a custom paint job that would be expensive to replicate or repair.

Most of the shown work was done 7~8 months ago when I was in a financial situation that I could look forward to repairing it. The breakdowns and downwards spirals as I went into hospital and between psychiatric professionals forced me to continually put this off, as I returned to work they declared me medically unfit to continue and sent me off to come back a month later, where with confirmation of my condition they ultimately laid me off.

Psychologically I am in no good place currently and in constant contemplation of suicide. I have been arrested before and taken to hospital in custody to be admitted on ward, this was as my condition was not conducive to reasonable behavior or self preservation. I have been forced to move back to my parents home as I was unable to make ends meet in a rental home, centrelink will likely cut my rates as it stands which means I won't even be able to make ends meet here. I am in a significant amount of debt and indeed unable to transport myself to a workplace in order to work.

Last edited by Wozza; 20-03-2018 at 11:34 PM.
Old 21-03-2018, 08:59 AM
Flat Four Father

XT43 is a guruXT43 is a guruXT43 is a guru

Here's what I'd tell a mentally fit folk so I'm not going to tip toe around you.

Instead of trying to fix this car straight away, get your priorities right and buy a shitter bunky car that'll get you to and from a job so you can firstly get out of debt and then fix your car, in that order.
Benjv (21-03-2018)
Old 21-03-2018, 02:39 PM
STI Master

JRecardo at standard level

I don't think building your mental health on a car is a good idea. How well equipped are you going to be to stay in a good place when/if something else goes wrong with it? I think you need help, but I don't think people giving you money to fix a car is going to do a lot for you.

Perhaps speak to some free financial counsellors regarding your debt. $13k isn't a huge amount to be in the hole for, but it can be overwhelming and detrimental especially if you don't have means of making payments so that would be my first port of call. https://www.moneysmart.gov.au/managi...al-counselling

If you need transport for work purposes then look for a cheap beater to get you around for a few months while you get yourself on your feet. Then when you're in a healthier place you can spend the time and money on bringing your car back.

Are you exploring any of the resources available to people with mental health issues? You may be able to access some free counselling services etc.

I have seen you around on Facebook Kyle and believe you have written off some cars, of which you place the cause on your mental health. I don't think rushing your liberty back onto the road and putting it in a position for that to happen is a good idea mate. I wish you all the best and hope you can find a way to be happy and productive in society.
matto20v and TROLLEY like this.
Old 21-03-2018, 03:24 PM
Subaru Tech Division

nick73 is a gurunick73 is a guru

If you are suicidal the last place you should be is behind the wheel of a car.

Buy a push bike and pedal yourself to your new job and gain some physical and mental health at the same time.
matto20v, JRecardo and Benjv like this.
Benjv (21-03-2018)
Old 21-03-2018, 04:13 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Wozza at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT43 View Post
Here's what I'd tell a mentally fit folk so I'm not going to tip toe around you.

Instead of trying to fix this car straight away, get your priorities right and buy a shitter bunky car that'll get you to and from a job so you can firstly get out of debt and then fix your car, in that order.
I was hoping to so something of the sort and have been actively looking.

However, on review my psychiatrist has forbade me from driving pending further review. My workplace is a delivery service and requires operation of a vehicle. With the overhanging liability of a potential cancellation, I can't even get a cheap crappy to get me through and help me get better. All I have now is the liberty, hopefully fixed it'll provide me enough stability to have the suspension lifted. It's all I can hope to achieve.

Tags
liberty, save