Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-08-2005, 12:24 PM
Flat Four Father

mr_psi at standard level
Send a message via MSN to mr_psi

has anyone here drivin into the lights of the new honda accord EURO? they have them blue tinged lights and they are blinding in my thorts so i find that we are being targetted :P
Old 23-08-2005, 12:33 PM
Sir AntiLag

PROTOTYPE at standard level
Send a message via MSN to PROTOTYPE

meh... meh... meh... its a car thing... i drive in the renault with the foggies on all the time cause i find it just lights up the road directly in front of the bumper more, and have not once been pulled in 6 months... however when i used to drive my dads VX SS around I got pulled over for foggies about four times.... apparently according to the last cop i talked to when pulled over they are only illegally on if you have your normal lights and foggies at the same time... so if you have foggies and side lights on you are ok apparently... but basically if you find you're getting targetted about it, just do the simple thing... and leave the fcuckers off... problem solvered

and BTW i hate thos mofo's who drive with the rear foggy on all the time too Jmax... shits me off no end

Powered by COSWORTH...
Sponsored by PROTOTYPE CONSULTING, ALLSTAR, NO LIMIT EVENTS
Old 23-08-2005, 12:43 PM
wombat

the rule is simple you can't have more than 2 lights (not counting park lights) illuminating the front of the vehicle for regular driving, obviously high beams is different here.

ok the simple way around this would be for manufacturers to wire fog lights so they come on automatically when you have the lights in the first position, turn off when you have it in the second position ie low beams and then they come back on when high beams are enabled.

if you really need fog lights in actual fog you are supposed to turn off low beams and high beams anyway so the above approach covers all situations.
Old 23-08-2005, 12:44 PM
STI Master

JMAX is unrated

You are only allowed to have a maximum of 2 forward facing lights over 5W. This is usually taken up by your headlights (55W for ADR compliance). Your park lights are normally only 5W.
Old 23-08-2005, 02:04 PM
STI Master

Giddyup at standard level

From memory, you can only have your fog lights on during the day (figure that out) and when there is fog. Your normal lights have to be on also, not just your parkers.
Old 23-08-2005, 02:08 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

e-rex-shon at standard level

My foggies are wired so that they only come on when my high beams are switched on (MY00). When I asked at Subaru ozzie park at the last service they gave me the idea this was standard procedure. I was wondering what the point of that is, because if it's really foggy you wouldn't want the high beams on anyway right?

I'll have to try to turn the foggies on with just my parking lights on, see if that works.
Old 23-08-2005, 02:16 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

creepin at standard level

hey giddyup,
i got pulled over by collegues of yours 3 times last night.
lol
oh well we had a good chat i supose, luckily no yellow was issued even know i didnt have a permit for the frontmount, and he asked me what type of exhaust was on it and i told him it was straight through 3 inch pipe no mufflers.

the other two times that night were random breathtests. but not so random because they had to do a u turn to pull me over.
Old 23-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

oh you poor thing greg, your such a victim.

I also hate people with rear fog lights on, specifically Excel drivers
I also have been asked by the police to turn the lights off on my liberty. i dont get it tho, they are driving lights, as rob said they fill up the space between my bumper and where the main glow from the headlights were, it in no way pointed up and blinded oncoming traffic.

I wonder how many BA Falcon drivers get pulled over, cause those things always seem to have their foggies on
Old 23-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Skrappy at standard level

I don't understand why people put the fog lights on anyhow? They really don't seem to do much for me when i'm driving at night except for light up the first few meters in front of me a bit more. Doesn't help me at all.

Those Excels with the bright red foglight.... god damn I remember the first time I saw one of those, was in front of me going through a drive through. I was blinded for the entire time.

One thing I have noticed... if you haven't annoyed any cops, they don't tend to hand out yellow stickers that quickly. Probably totally inaccurate but thats the trend I have seen lately.
Old 23-08-2005, 04:42 PM
STI Master

B4GT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to B4GT

fog lights help in higher cars such a my GT, especially offroading at night

Tags
sticker, yellow