Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Anybody know what Section 62 is? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/971-anybody-know-what-section-62-a.html)

DAN682 24-08-2005 06:00 PM

Anybody know what Section 62 is?

Looks like to coppers want to try me on for violating Section 62 of the RTA for my little incident I had a few weeks back.

Does anybody know what Section 62 of the RTA is or how I can find out?

Cheers

PaulCoke 24-08-2005 06:12 PM

[B]62. Careless driving [/B]

Every person who drives a motor vehicle without due care and attention commits an offence.

Penalty: 12 PU.

Giddyup 24-08-2005 11:49 PM

1 x PU (penalty unit) is $50. You do the math.

jEstEr? 25-08-2005 01:23 AM

least its not reckless/dangerous !

creepin 25-08-2005 03:54 AM

you are going to contest it right?

wombat 25-08-2005 07:56 AM

oh shit i wonder if they are gonna do that to me too?

was the weather really bad when you had your off?

westoz 25-08-2005 08:31 AM

[QUOTE=PaulCoke][b]62. Careless driving [/b]

Every person who drives a motor vehicle without due care and attention commits an offence.

Penalty: 12 PU.[/QUOTE]

If ya only receive a ticket in the post, then the prescribed infringement penalty is only $100 with 4 points. If ya get a summons then the penalty is up to the court obviously, but as a rule of thumb they dish out the equivalent of infringement penalties or thereabouts, unless the offence elements are at the high end of the scale.

wombat 25-08-2005 08:33 AM

4 points! shit.

wombat 25-08-2005 08:39 AM

so is this just a standard fine for anyone that has a single car accident? do they consider weather conditions etc? and how long before the fine is usually sent after the accident?

[BANNED] 25-08-2005 09:56 AM

When I was on my P's I was charged with Careless Driving....I lost my lisence.

I'm pretty sure the new rules dictate that if you're on your P's, and you receive a Carless, Reckless or Dangerous driving charge (obviously), you automatically loose your lisence regardless of how many points you may have left.

I know your not a P Plater but this is how I got stung. So if your a P plater just be very careful how you drive. You can receive a careless driving charge for the dumbest of things... For instance in my case, it was a 90km/h zone, and I could prove that I wasn't exceeding the speed limit, however because it was wet I was apparently going too fast for the conditions....(60km/h)....I was charged. What pissed me off though is how do determine how fast is too fast in conditions like these? It seems that no matter what you do, either way your going to get nailed.

Quote from the officer at the scene on the night: "We dont call situations like these accidents anymore. They're called crashes....and they happen for a reason. So we have to charge you with something...."

/rant off