Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   How many running Verso on here? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/9756-how-many-running-verso-here.html)

American Dave 25-01-2007 11:33 AM

[QUOTE=PIGSTi]Actually been thinking about selling the Tek, but until I can see a faster Verso car will leave it at Tek for the time being as can't complain she runs sweet but am VERY keen to compare the 2 as Verso is seeing some awesome results! And I know people its not about how fast the car is FOR YOU, tis for me.[/QUOTE]

you mean you like to drive fast, like some crazed lunatic?

stinga 25-01-2007 11:43 AM

Dave, I'd hardly call my car heavily modified mate, zorst, intake and FMI is for bling only (at my power level the Sti top mount would be fine for most aplications). One of the problems with my set up I think is the Genome muffler being a bit too restrictive to make more power easily. Sure I could lean it out a bit more to say 11.8 and run 18psi to redline but that was not my goal.
Can't wait to see how much of a handful it will be at AHG tho, I used to get into all sorts of shape std :D
Actually that should read out of shape I think :confused5
Al

What we really need to see is Jarons car with the headers and huffer on a hub dyno....hint hint....

American Dave 25-01-2007 11:50 AM

[QUOTE=stinga]Dave, I'd hardly call my car heavily modified mate, zorst, intake and FMI is for bling only (at my power level the Sti top mount would be fine for most aplications). One of the problems with my set up I think is the Genome muffler being a bit too restrictive to make more power easily. Sure I could lean it out a bit more to say 11.8 and run 18psi to redline but that was not my goal.
Can't wait to see how much of a handful it will be at AHG tho, I used to get into all sorts of shape std :D
Al

What we really need to see is Jarons car with the headers and huffer on a hub dyno....hint hint....[/QUOTE]
yes I hear you Al but you those mods you do have probably qualify you at the upper end of mods as opposed to the lower end for cars on this forum. It would great to see what sort of results Jaron's car got on a hub dyno and we know he has plenty of $$ to spend soooooo....Jaron have you got any plans for hub dyno run!!! :D

BOMB3R 25-01-2007 11:51 AM

[QUOTE=American Dave]you mean you like to drive fast, like some crazed lunatic?[/QUOTE]
Nope just within the limitations of the car :D

[QUOTE=stinga]
What we really need to see is Jarons car with the headers and huffer on a hub dyno....hint hint....[/QUOTE]

haha am getting to it mate, dont worry it will see the wok dyno I promise ;)

American Dave 25-01-2007 11:56 AM

[QUOTE=PIGSTi]Nope just within the limitations of the car :D

haha am getting to it mate, dont worry it will see the wok dyno I promise ;)[/QUOTE]
hahahaha you must love all this good humour toward your ride jaron!

Intra 25-01-2007 12:18 PM

See problem with all this talk of pressure and AFR.. it really means nothing because what rattles for one car, might not rattle on another car.. or vice versa.

Every mod has different characteristics , different flow, different everything at times, Which is why at the end of the day, you are trusting a tuner. Experience counts for a lot!

Sometimes i sit back and think about people giving tuners restraints such as "don't go over x amount of boost" or "don't go leaner then 9.1" (j/k), its like asking a heart surgeon to only use a flathead screw driver to preform your t ripple bypass, you're are not taking advantage of what it could end up with.

But i can see the flip side to this also.. so its a funny sorta paradigm

Any decent tuner will tune the car to what he/she considers safe and good for everyday driving too. Its never in a tuners best interest to blow engines left right and center as obviously it will ultimately earn them a rep.

Just a few of my thoughts generally... *shrugs*

stinga 25-01-2007 12:40 PM

Yeah your right Pete, but developing that trust (with a tuner) does not happen overnight either and for alot of people they may only ever get one or 2 cars tunes so you need to have some constraints to make sure you feel it would be safe....
But I know where your coming from, and no one ever mentions how much timing is being thrown in or any other parameters that can affect your tune either.
Its a tough one, for me it came down to advise (on who to use for my tuning) of a couple of people on this forum who I think have a lot more knowledge than me and whose opinions I do hold in high regards - you know who you are..... ;)

tuna 25-01-2007 12:42 PM

more boost!

yes, theres so many factors when it comes to tuning a car, as pete has mentioned the air-flow characteristings are so vastly different between cars its almost impossible to use the same map between cars to get the same results. (ghost tuning as its called)
listening to detonation, air/fuel ratios and the laws of physics must come into play when pushing a car to its limits.

Shinobiken 27-01-2007 07:07 PM

so still no verso for gc8?

astralex 07-03-2007 11:43 PM

No verso but i'm astounded that you are all getting such shit fuel consumptions. i'm running a cooler, exhaust, ecu, filter, and a sti sticker and still get close to 500 out of a tank. hell across the nullabor i got 650! although at one stage i also only got 250...