Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion > Insurance Experiences
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Subaru Tech Division

scoobygez at standard level

cheers guys that about the same as over here

although had my license 7 years and got full ncb can get proof of this also
Old 01-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Just about to renew my insurance, with Just Car - $1380 a year with all my mods listed. Might give RAC a buzz and see what they reckon.

Insured for $22k
Old 02-07-2008, 03:13 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Called around .. Got fucked over by HBF, and RAC.

RAC want $1800 p/a
HBF, couldn't even get a quote - They wanted to know ALL my speeding fines and the colour of my underwear. Couldn't be arsed with them.

Called Just Car back, who are my current insurer .. Have been covered for $22k for $1380 p/a. Listed them *all* my mods, raised value to $25,500 and it's now at $1617 p/a.

23 Years Old
Speeding Fines
1 Crash 3 years ago
1 other offense

Very happy !
Old 07-07-2008, 09:49 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

OlisSTI at standard level

Insurer: RAC, full comprehensive.
Car: MY05 STI WRX with exhaust. Full alarm/immobiliser and keypad.
Agreed Value: 42k.
Cost: $1200, no fines, etc. $600 total excess (will drop to $300 at 26).

Justcar was a joke, $2500 excess, $2000/year insurance.

GIO wouldn't insure me as I was under the 26 year old limit for an STI according to them.

Also if you blow over the BAC limit after a crash you're insurance is void. Remember the guy in South Perth who's Ferrari tried to have it's way with that lamp pole a few years back? Wrote it off and his insurance was voided because he blew over the limit (hence why he tried to run when the cops turned up so they couldn't breath test him and void his insurance).

Last edited by OlisSTI; 07-07-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Sir AntiLag

miss_petepie at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlisSTI
Also if you blow over the BAC limit after a crash you're insurance is void. Remember the guy in South Perth who's Ferrari tried to have it's way with that lamp pole a few years back? Wrote it off and his insurance was voided because he blew over the limit (hence why he tried to run when the cops turned up so they couldn't breath test him and void his insurance).
thats not exactly the case... I worked on the insurance for that at the time...
Old 14-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

grbelja at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlisSTI

If you can prove that the accident was caused by factors other than Alcohol regardless of your BAC (within limit as at some point alcohol would have slowed your reaction time etc) then you will be covered. If you are deemed to be under the influence of alcohol and this is the main cause of the accident then you will lose you claim. Also, everyone reacts differently to alcohol and some are able to not show signs of being under the influence even if they are over the legal BAC limit.
Old 14-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Sir AntiLag

jzr at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by grbelja
If you can prove that the accident was caused by factors other than Alcohol regardless of your BAC (within limit as at some point alcohol would have slowed your reaction time etc) then you will be covered. If you are deemed to be under the influence of alcohol and this is the main cause of the accident then you will lose you claim. Also, everyone reacts differently to alcohol and some are able to not show signs of being under the influence even if they are over the legal BAC limit.

although everyone does react differently to alcohol the BAC is road legistlation and if you are over the BAC you are legally not allowed to drive. Under insurance clauses this would be more than enough to decline a claim as legal acts or omissions are an instant declinature reason.
Old 14-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

grbelja at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzr
although everyone does react differently to alcohol the BAC is road legistlation and if you are over the BAC you are legally not allowed to drive. Under insurance clauses this would be more than enough to decline a claim as legal acts or omissions are an instant declinature reason.
I thought the same but then after reading some of the cases on the Insurance Ombismans website - I was amazed at what people were getting away with. One guy blew over 0.12 and then was taken to the police station for an official reading (as the hand held meters dont hold up in court to well). Once at the station he refused to blow into the machine until he had a friend witness the event (apparantly thats legal to do) - in the meantime he abused a police officer and was charged with that offence but as the breath test was now 2 hours after the event of the accident they could not arrest/fine him.

His insurance was paid. Unbelievable!!
Old 14-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Sir AntiLag

jzr at standard level

The ombudsman (IOS) is slightly different they are a disputes organisation so when your not happy with the outcome of your insurance and the dispute resolution process of the company you can go to the IOS.

his complaint went to court and was was settled there. this can take upto 6 months from the initial claim. but like any court case you will never be sure of the outcome. this case came down to the police not breathalizing within the correct time of 1/2 an hour.

although he won that case, refusing a breath test is actually worse than blowing over for the insurance side of things. So next year he will probably be declined insurance or be hit with a massive xs and once you have been declined or had a "special xs imposed it starts getting hard to be insured by any company as they will look into all his claims and previous insurances.
Old 31-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Sign me up!
Baller on a budget

V3 RA at standard level
Send a message via MSN to V3 RA

Hey guys got my renewal form for my car insurance today and the agreed value has gone down over $3000

I drive a 1998 club spec evo 2 and im insured with Just Car insurance

last year i payed $3045 with agreed value at $16 750
(had crash history and was still on P plates)

drove like a saint all year off P plates and had maybe 2 fines and no demerits lost and my rating is 5 star so me premium has gone down to:

$2194 but my agreed value has dropped to $13400

i was wondering if anyone can explain the significant drop in agreed value??
i figured depreciation etc might take it down around 10% which means it would drop $1500 but its gone down double that

ill be giving just car a call tomorrow but any thoughts or ideas much appreciated

JDM version 3 STi RA

Tags
insurance