Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Juffy at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Juffy
Default Wannabe WRX...

Hi all,

I currently own everyone's favourite wannabe WRX, an RS bugeye, which was last seen here:

...yeah.

Thermostat failed, coolant boiled off and engine cooked itself while I blissfully didn't look at my temperature gauge. Motor's not seized, but it needs a full rebuild at a minimum.

I signed up here to tap the collective wisdom about doing a WRX conversion, using (if I can find one) a bugeye or later front cut. I've got a couple of feelers out to try and find a decent EJ25 as a cheap option, but I figure it's worth at least exploring the idea of dropping an EJ20T in.

I'm not a complete mechanical noob (I've stripped and rebuilt a Corolla engine from the crank) and have access to a couple of other like-minded people, but this would be by far the biggest job I've tried. Looking at Jester's RETSEJ project frankly scares the crap out of me - if I use another Impreza engine of the same approximate vintage, can I get away without having to strip my wiring loom etc?

Thoughts? Opinions? Forecasts of doom? Anything welcome.

cheers,
Paul

Tags
wannabe, wrx