Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxpc
Thanks, and yes, the rims are a bit of a bugger to clean, particularly the front ones - they get filthy with brake dust in no time. Any one found anything decent to clean them with? Currently my local Rhino wash high pressure hose is the best way to get all the crap off, but are there any better ideas out there?

Cheers,

Gaz
There is a product called Maguires Hot Wheels. Its a pink spray bottle, about $20 from Repco. It is awesome for cleaning wheels. What I do is, when i arrive at the local Rhino/Car wash, I spray all 4 wheels a decent coat with hot wheels stuff, then put $1 in the machine and put it on rinse so it cleans it off, then I do it again (if they are really dirty, which mine always are) this time, while hosing it off I attack it with my specially designed wheel cleaning brush, to get into the groves and everything... (also purchased from Repco)

I usually rinse off in the same order I spray the hot wheels stuff on, allowing it to sit on the rim for like 30seconds - 1 min each rim, so it really does its thing... its kida acidic, so don't use it on the lawn, coz it will kill it, and don't inhale it
Old 15-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

+1 for meguires hot wheels... good shizzle!

and welcome...

Few GC8 STi's running around now!

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 15-08-2007, 12:10 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

wrxpc at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV
There is a product called Maguires Hot Wheels. Its a pink spray bottle, about $20 from Repco. It is awesome for cleaning wheels. What I do is, when i arrive at the local Rhino/Car wash, I spray all 4 wheels a decent coat with hot wheels stuff, then put $1 in the machine and put it on rinse so it cleans it off, then I do it again (if they are really dirty, which mine always are) this time, while hosing it off I attack it with my specially designed wheel cleaning brush, to get into the groves and everything... (also purchased from Repco)

I usually rinse off in the same order I spray the hot wheels stuff on, allowing it to sit on the rim for like 30seconds - 1 min each rim, so it really does its thing... its kida acidic, so don't use it on the lawn, coz it will kill it, and don't inhale it
Awesome, that sounds like just what I need, thanks! I'll pay a visit to my local Repco tomorrow and pick some up.

I'll have my first chance to really drive the car this Sunday out at AHG, really looking forward to it. At least the car will look the best even if I am crap while I work out how to drive properly

Thanks for the welcomes and the advice guys.

Cheers,

Gaz
Old 15-08-2007, 12:37 PM
STI Master

Darken at standard level

Welcome Gaz!

I am pretty sure I spotted your car yesterday in the city "Murray St" around 5:30 in the arvo!
Old 16-08-2007, 11:56 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

wrxpc at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darken
Welcome Gaz!

I am pretty sure I spotted your car yesterday in the city "Murray St" around 5:30 in the arvo!
Thanks Darken, yep that would have been me, I was heading towards Maylands to catch up with some r/c car racing friends Where were you?

Cheers,

Gaz
Old 16-08-2007, 12:04 PM
STI Master

Darken at standard level

Walking to catch a bus!

Quote:
Thanks Darken, yep that would have been me, I was heading towards Maylands to catch up with some r/c car racing friends Where were you?

Cheers,

Gaz
Old 16-08-2007, 12:18 PM
STI Master

MaD_OwNeD at standard level

welcome mate and nice ride. my fav wrx sti!!!
Old 16-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Quote:
I'll have my first chance to really drive the car this Sunday out at AHG, really looking forward to it. At least the car will look the best even if I am crap while I work out how to drive properly
we need to organise a 'Noobs at AHG' day where all new rex owners can do a driving course.. level 1 or 2 whatever they let us do. might need lvl 1 first or have a certain amount of years driving to go straight to lvl 2. get out on the skid pans and learn what happens in the wet
Old 16-08-2007, 03:25 PM
The Kid

WRP10 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to WRP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy S
+1 for meguires hot wheels... good shizzle!
And again, but dont get the normal rims cleaner, tis SHIT

Welcome aboard mate, hotness!
Old 17-08-2007, 02:17 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

wrxpc at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRP10
And again, but dont get the normal rims cleaner, tis SHIT

Welcome aboard mate, hotness!
WRP10, ImPreSiV: I went to my local car bits shop last night to get some hot wheels stuff, but it says on the back that it's acidic, and not to use it on alloy wheels? There was another Maguires wheel cleaning product there that didn't say Hot Wheels, but it did say it was safe for alloy wheels. Confused?

R R8D REX: I'd be all up for a noobs day at AHG. I've had two sessions there before around the witches hats in my 98 GX, but I'd love to get out on the skid pan with the STi and learn how to get out of trouble with it.

Cheers,

Gaz

Tags
hi there, member