Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

DVSLYQUIK at standard level
Default Hey guys im new :)

Hi my names Alex, 21 years young and car mad :P
Live in Seville grove or better known as North Armahole (just upper class trash) :P

My first car was a 1985 Mitsubishi Colt that was mildly worked and beat most stock crumpledoors and falcons.
Then a 2001 AUII Fairmont (TS50 Lookalike) which people might have seen if they ever cruised with Carnal, UCC, Perth Falcons, TPC......
Then a 2006 BF XR8 (also people mightg have seen) With a SCT Flash tune making 300BHP Stock apart from the tune ran a 13.2 and did make a few evo a wrx owners grumpy when beaten by stock tank :P
Now im looking at a 2007 Impreza WRX STI
So yes i have converted from being a muscle lover to a needing a tissue lover :P ahaha

I was first into a lover of the Evo's after driving the Evo 6.5 Tommi and the Evo 9 but then got behind the wheel of a 04 STI and loved it and that boxer sound just made me smile haha
So now im looking at a WRX'y haha

Ohhhh and as im going for a test drive tomoz and having a look at it is there anything anyone can tell me to look for, like any common probs that i should try and sus out also what sort of price i should pay for a 2007 Impreza WRX STI with about 35k km's on the clock ?

Cheers guys and glad to be part of the forums
Alex (Plated DVSLYQUIK)
Old 08-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Subaru Tech Division

PRODIGY at standard level

Welcome Alex.
Glad you were able to post before you go and look at the sti tomorrow.
Hopefully if it's a MY07 model with low kms you shouldn't find too much to fault on it. Is it at a dealer or private?
Old 08-09-2008, 01:25 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

holler at standard level

Hey mate welcome! Not sure if you have had a chance to look yet but there is an 06sti presently for sale here - http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/sale-cars-only/21431-sale-black-2006-sti.html great example.. definitely worth a look at.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:02 AM
Subaru Tech Division

saturation at standard level

Jays has already sold afaik.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:59 AM
Subaru Tech Division

redlib at standard level

common problems to look out for on most subys (i think) is the rocker cover gasket, they just wake the seal in and dont bother to put sealant around the edges and especially in the corners, so it will start leaking about a few months later.
thats 1 common problem the other is a rear main seal but, their pretty good on some cars.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:38 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

LIBRT! at standard level

Welcome mate, good luck with the purchase
Old 08-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

With only 35,000km on the clock you should be OK for engine leaks etc. If it is leaking just don't buy it - simple.

I would be checking the service book, doesn't matter who has serviced it, as long as the oil has been changed reguarly. Also feel your way through the gears for any crunching, although 6 speeds are very tough, who knows it might have had a pretty hard life so far. Check the brake rotors for any cracks and life left (very expensive to replace). Check the welds around the engine bay and inside the boot to look for any accident damage.

Also don't get ripped off with your tyres!! STI's come from factory with Bridgestone Potenza's DON'T accept any other tyre on it (unless it's better ) from a car yard, if it's a private sale than what you see is what you get.

Negotiate your price and then tell them all the points that you want fixed/replaced for the same price.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:32 PM

Its at a dealership......
The engine bays are so crowded in these cars i seen on saturday when i opened the bonnet to look for leaks and oil level and coolent and shit, i was so lost when looking at the flat 4 motor compared to my I6 and V8 which is a veryopen and free engine bay compared to these lol
Would they have over heating problems as they are so crowded in the engine bay ?

Also what price is a good price to pay for a 2007 STI with 35-40k km's there asking for 49k$ dropped from 52k$ its stock as a rock as far as i can tell even the exhaust haha
Old 08-09-2008, 01:33 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

holler at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturation
Jays has already sold afaik.
Yer it has I believe.. the link i posted was not referencing Jays car anyway lol. As I said before not sure if you have looked at that link but that car has 41,000 kms and comes with the following mods:
STi v-limited front lip
- HKS Cat back exhaust with butler dump pipe inc splitter
- Perrin silicon intake
- Process West cold air intake
- Verso Tune
- Endless NAR pads and Motul Fluid
- Kartboy Short shifter and bushes
- Tint
- Whiteline rear swaybar

It is a great package in my opinion, have a look!

Last edited by holler; 08-09-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:01 PM

Default Had a look at it today....

Went and seen it today and took it for test drive, and boy is it hard to get used to the revvy motor and fairly long heavy clutch. from an untrained eye, it seems pretty clean and tidy and motor looks in good nick....... its actually done 24500km's tyres are the standard STI tyres bridgestone patenza's 225X45X17.
They were asking 51999$ down to 48999$
what does everyone think ?
i think the price is a little high still but i dont have much of an idea on what there worth.......

Tags
guys