Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree126Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 09:50 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master D View Post
That doesn't seen like much power. That torque is frickin rad though!!
I've never been into high HP dyno numbers Dave. The torque is where it's at. It's constantly pulling 18 Psi + now and I'd suggest making both more HP and torque than the dyno graph which has max boost at approx 16psi. Last night with 25 degree intake it felt like the proverbial freight train. Just so strong throughout the rev range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post
congrats Andrew
firstly...that turbo needs more boost to make it come alive...dont be weak son
next....remove the hideous oem muffler restirction and you will get some nice improvements as well
plent more to be had without spending a fortune
Seems the car is developing more boost on its own Dave. It regularly shows 18.5Psi on the data scan. That's a 9% increase over the dyno boost maximum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary View Post
ha ha more boost = KABOOM!!!

Having said that mine is running the least amount of boost possible, with the WG fully open it won't do less than 17psi.

I do wonder how long it would last with 24psi though
Although I know you can't directly apportion an increase in boost to power/torque figures but if you did I'm pushing approx 9% more boost so that could translate to approx 260Hp/405Nm.

Last night travelling home from the basketball it certainly felt like those sort of power/torque numbers. Simply awesome shove in the back on boost which just kept on going. 25 degree intake temps helped I'm sure.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Havent used my ecudatascanner for a while, dodgey cable, but is 18.5psi the max that it will show? (or the cars ecu max for boost is 18.5 and will show no higher, ie if the pressure is 19psi, it still shows 18.5)

My car was tuned for 20psi, and from memory the highest the scanner showed was 18 or 19. Again its been a while and my memory isnt that great, and I never saw figures like that. The fake Defis I installed went to 2 bar, but never have faith in them.

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/
Old 09-03-2013, 12:49 PM

Your right there Jeckle - it's actually a limitation of the hexidecimal ECU data the CPU provides that limits the maximum boost measurement to 18.45 psi.

As most standard Subarus were designed to boost 15-16 Psi Subaru obviously thought there would be no chance of boost spikes greater than 18.5 odd. As such, the car could be boosting higher than 18.45 but I'll never know using the data scan.

What I can advise is that it seems that the much higher torque seems to be causing the engine to twist on its mounts much further and may be fouling the dump pipe again. Either going to be looking at stronger engine mounts or another slight modification of the dump pipe.

Oh well ... The joys of modding.

Last edited by GTB Liberty; 09-03-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:02 PM
STI Master

scary knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
I've never been into high HP dyno numbers Dave. The torque is where it's at. It's constantly pulling 18 Psi + now and I'd suggest making both more HP and torque than the dyno graph which has max boost at approx 16psi. Last night with 25 degree intake it felt like the proverbial freight train. Just so strong throughout the rev range.

Seems the car is developing more boost on its own Dave. It regularly shows 18.5Psi on the data scan. That's a 9% increase over the dyno boost maximum.

Although I know you can't directly apportion an increase in boost to power/torque figures but if you did I'm pushing approx 9% more boost so that could translate to approx 260Hp/405Nm.

Last night travelling home from the basketball it certainly felt like those sort of power/torque numbers. Simply awesome shove in the back on boost which just kept on going. 25 degree intake temps helped I'm sure.
Sorry mate but 2 psi does not = 20bhp at the wheels anywhere but la la land.

It will be doing better numbers than the dyno though as the ecu learns very quickly

12.463 1/4 mile, not bad for an old school Liberty [DECEASED]

MY08 Liberty Tuned by STi
Old 09-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Andrew

So you could be pushing 24psi.

Tim

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/
Old 09-03-2013, 10:44 PM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

this thread needs way moar boost
magic1 likes this.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:19 PM

Master D knows their stuff

May have to venture to mexico for beers n such...
GTB Liberty likes this.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:01 AM
STI Master

s20525xxx knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post

Same here. On the dyno it was set to19psi, on my boost gauge, it shows 22psi on a cold day......

Update from new owner: 375whp at 1.4bar on 98, at Tokyo Motorsport
Old 11-03-2013, 02:30 PM

For anyone that is interested - a video on CBRD rebuilding a turbo for it to become a BBK version -
Old 15-03-2013, 02:56 PM

Default Detailed by OCD

Many thanks to Adz to returning the Liberty to its former glory. always a pleasure dealing with a professional whose passionate about their job and the cars he works on.

Tags
dp, gt, liberty, spec