Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Drew86 at standard level
Default Hi

Hi

I’m new here I just bought a unlic non running 2001 rx impreza cheap at the hail auctions I plan to use the car for a cheap track/autocross car while I get my other projects done. I’m quite new to Subaru’s as I’ve really only had Nissans and Toyotas and I have found them to be a little different to work on.

I don’t have too much planned for it yet just fix up some of the damage it has and then some suspension, wheels and make it a bit lighter.

Now I bought the car not running but I have traced the issue to possibly be the immobilizer but not too sure. At first I thought there may have been and aftermarket one installed but I found the original one is still connected and it still has the original key with the two buttons on it. There has been a small led light put into one of the panels next to the cruise control switch on the dash which isn’t connected to anything the plus is just hanging there and there are two free plug not connected under the dash when I pulled the lower dash panel off.

I have spoken to a few alarm placed and nobody could give me an answer if it could be removed and some think that because it talks to the ecu you can’t remove or bypass it. I also read that you can get a ecu from an earlier rx without an immobilizer plug it in and it will work but that was on a UK forum so not 100% on that.

Basically I want to make things as simple as possible as its only used for the track and won’t be regoed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I’ll try and get some pix up soon

Cheers
Old 30-07-2010, 02:57 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

huey at standard level

welcome, sounds like a fun project you have planned, cant help you with your problem although im sure someone will chime in with some help
Old 30-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Subaru Tech Division

apg39 at standard level

Sounds good, I wouldn't mind doing that myself. How much did you pick it up for? (PM if you want)

« mud flaps | Hi All »