Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Scoobie Noobie

wraithrslib at standard level
Default Hi fellow subie lovers

Hi all my names wayne i'm 44 married with 3 sons 20,13 and 10 to a previous wife, and have since remarried and now have a little girl 15 months old so i can close up shop now! hehe

So as for my ride well i have a love affair with the RS liberty turbo i suppose you can call it the gran daddy of the wrx i just like it's lines and it's a real sleeper and mine is certainly on the way to being a very good example of a killer stealth sleeper, as i'm in the middle of a massive build as we speak.

i don't want to this introductions thread with too much info on my build but if questions arrive then i'm happy to answer them, or a mod can move some of this to tech?

At this stage my factory RS closed deck block is at top torque getting sleeved to 2.5 lt this week with 300- 030 sleeves my builder advised me that he will want to use L19 studs with a build of this type. sleeving the ej20 block means no need to advise you know who on going larger displacement

iv'e got je billet pistons and argo i beam rods ready to drop in mls head gaskets will be used, iv'e just had my link g4 fitted runs great with a link 4 bar map sensor

Also got the cosworth manifold and cosworth deletes pfi top feed rails for some big injectors 1600 should be enough for e85 with 98, mix i'll be getting the 200 litre barrels with a pump until it's more main stream.

I fitted already 4 large ice ignition coils with 9mm race leads into both front guards as they wont fit in the engine bay, and i still have easy access to them in the guards.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

these have made a massive improvement on throttle responsive and power which i did not expect as these were put in to stop spark blow out due to high comp of over 9.0:1 and boost at times in the high 20's maybe 30 if the turbo i chose can flow that much, i'm going with a local guy kyp at atp in melbourne he's a qualified aircraft turbine mechanic and has been working on turbo's now for over 20 years ;-)
he's also very close to were i live and is happy to help me if things are needed to be changed if i'm not happy with the results, he calls his huffer an sti gold

After his evo gold he developed a few years ago, it's similar to the bbk's and gt pumps and others like the blouch but he has gone for a new type of ceramic ball bearing design also with billet wheel as the others i'm pretty sure are only billet wheel it's got a TD06SL2 8cm turbine wheel and a 22G MFS Comp billet wheel i told him i'm more after an insane streeter and hill climber

And what ever she dose at the drags will be fine as i'm sure i wont be disappointed, iv'e already got my sti 2003 close ratio six speed in the liberty massive improvement also with a cusco plate 2 way rear r160 will be going r180 in the near future though.

Iv'e got all the other supporting mods fmic ect..ect.. o44 pumps ect..
i'm tired after all this typing lol, so i'll just say hi again and love some of the info iv'e found on here so far has been very helpful in this mega build.

regards wayne

Last edited by wraithrslib; 22-07-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 22-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Welcome.

More pics of the car!
Old 22-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Nice write up, more pics required!

Welcome to Perth-WRX Wayne
Old 22-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Hi guy's 'n' gals here's some pics will update pics of my build as i get them

These are the rods i have!!

These are my pistons

This is the custom turbo as mentioned in first post only mine is yet to be built

this is my semi dry race sump for EL headers as the type of headers i'm going need the twin scroll type sump.

here's some pics of the RS dosn't have the best exterior, in time that will be addressed

close up of my reg i did all the lines and fitted it

This is my inverted A.R.E fmic which has the tube 'n' fin adrad core and the engine bay which will look alot better with the cossie manifold in there oh and a bigger huffer

Think these may need to be upgraded with the new power plant

Got these lines made up from a mate fronts and rears for 40 bucks each

Hope you like the pics it's no were near the best thing getting around, i'm making sure it's improving all the time though.

cheers wayne
Old 22-07-2011, 09:17 PM
STI Master

monkeee at standard level

Welcome wayne. Nice build, good luck with it all
Old 23-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsv4rce View Post
Welcome wayne. Nice build, good luck with it all
Thnx mate here's an updat on my build

Getting excited a little now! here's what stage the RS block is up to now, it's been bored out and will be ready next week for the next stage, i was surprised to find out that the block has oil squirter's my engine builder said better to have them for extra cooling under the crowns.

Here's some picks i took today my builder was very pleased with the result f@#!%ked if i know whats good or not lol.

this last pic shows how well the top of the sleeves fit the deck.

Here's the turbo iv'e chosen based on price & added feature over it's rivals such as bbk's, gt pumps, kando ect..ect.. which is a new ceramic ball bearing core & the fact that Kyp at ATP is just 20 min from me and is happy to help with upgrades if the initial results are not good, as sometimes it can take a bit of rnd to get what is needed.

He is also a qualified aircraft turbine mechanic so i trust he knows his stuff and has been doing the turbo thing for more than 20 years.

For just under 2k this sti gold for a stock location stands out over others for me, i was looking at the garret as well although there's no GTX available in stock location.

Besides kyp told me he is able to fit a garret full ball bearing core to this turbo so it's just another option which is good to know, and going by the specs on the sti gold for mostly street use it will be a ball tearer
were i need it.

Specs excerpt from his add.

Comes with the 080 T/Hsg Std Bolt Pattern
MHI TD06 Style Comp Cover 3"or 2.75" Intake
TD06SL2 Style 11 Blade Turbine Wheel 8cm

22G MFS Comp Wheel (Machined From Solid) Billet
Special Design Brg Hsg Using Ceramic Ball Bearings
Also comes with 1.2bar Actuator as standard option

cheers wayne
Old 23-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Jordiee at standard level

holy shit i feel this will be some sort of deadly weapon
Old 23-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Hi Wayne, did you fall ass backwards into a pit of money or what?

I'm glad you saw the light and fitted a proper gearbox to it, I never liked that bogan gearshifter you had on the auto.....

Your RS should be a real weapon, nice work!
Old 23-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
Hi Wayne, did you fall ass backwards into a pit of money or what?

I'm glad you saw the light and fitted a proper gearbox to it, I never liked that bogan gearshifter you had on the auto.....

Your RS should be a real weapon, nice work!
Hey doug! yeah i must concede mate this close ratio 6 is the bomb and i love the front lsd only i'll be going a helical front in the future, although i still miss the drag auto lots of fun i had with it, and hope this build yields some good rewards.

Fell into a pit of money well would be nice and my kids recon it grows on trees lol, but nah been very fortunate to of bought some properties in the past that have made me some rely good returns in the last 12 months and still got one to go;-) so i think i deserve to get this RS were i wanted the wags to of gotten as you would probably know.

cheers wayne
Old 24-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Nato at standard level

Just joined myself...your beast makes me feel... inadequate..holy moly, very nice.

When do you expect to finish the project?

Tags
fellow, lovers, subie