Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 01:48 AM
Sir AntiLag

Chum at standard level

Hello good sir, I remember you pulling up next to us on the cruise near the start! Happy modding
Old 07-11-2011, 08:41 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Top-Deck at standard level
Default Update

Update on what I have been up to in the last month or so.

Firstly I got a 'windscreen' antenna put on so I can finally rid the car of the original antenna Such a simple mod and quite cheap too but I reckon it actually changes the look of the car quite a bit without losing any reception so am happy

As I mentioned ealier I also managed to pick up some 02 rims from slugwrx. After giving these a good scrub I sent them off to Perth Powder Coaters who did an awesome job!! The colour is 'Black Onyx' and the photos don't really do it justice, for the full effect just add sunlight and the rims give off a nice subtle blue/silver sparkle Am super happy as they have turned out exactly as I was hoping for originally, completely transformed the look of the car as well so smiles all round
Although now that they are on the car it has slightly changed my original thoughts of colour-coding the side-skirts white. Now I'm thinking I might get the STI front lip in matte black as well to finish off the skirting all round in black. Thoughts??

Finally I took advantage of the long-weekend a while back to get onto a bunnings-spec CAI, with a big thanks to Fobz for his DIY guide on how to remove the snorkus, made the job so easy and enjoyable! I also thought i would show some skin in one of the photos just to appease the P-wrx perves lol

So the next plans are as follows:
  • Invert the colours on the calipers - Ie black writing on white backing. I reckon this will be a really nice contrast against the rims/skirts and will continue my black/white theme. Plan is to get this done as soon as the weather permits
  • Paint/purchase white lug nuts for the wheels. Got the idea after seeing chum and his red ones on the CM cruise...and yes I do have a mega-crush on the red-wrx haha
  • Get an STI front lip - atm I am most probably going to get the 1-piece ultrex type so if anyone has any experience with them (fitment, quality etc) please let me know as I'll be looking at ordering one this weekend.
  • Some more whiteline goodies - most probably f+r swaybars
And that will do nicely for this year. Won't hurt the wallet too badly and will pretty much finish the car off I think As I complete the aforementioned I will continue to update this thread with photos etc so please feel free to comment with ideas/opinions as it's great to know what y'all think of my little beast

p.s- also would like to thank John at wheels world for the tyres, such a nice guy who was great to chat with
Attached Thumbnails
toms iphone pics 024.jpg   cai 1.jpg   cai2.jpg   toms iphone pics 021.jpg   rims before.jpg  

Old 07-11-2011, 08:44 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

...and some more pics
Attached Thumbnails
toms iphone pics 022.jpg   toms iphone pics 023.jpg   toms iphone pics 025.jpg   toms iphone pics 026.jpg  
Old 07-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

GD rims on a GC make such a difference! Nice work mate! Looks good! Need some JDM Sti tails and paint those side skirts and get an ultrex v6 sti replica front lip!
Old 08-11-2011, 09:07 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV View Post
GD rims on a GC make such a difference! Nice work mate! Looks good! Need some JDM Sti tails and paint those side skirts and get an ultrex v6 sti replica front lip!
Cheers Kym yeah I am really happy with how the rims look, such an improvement over the stockers. And yep, looking forward to getting me the STI front lip, should help give the car a bit more stance and presence
So you reckon paint skirts and front lip then? I was thinking that originally but now I'm leaning more towards keeping them black once I get the lip on...guess I will have more of an idea of what I'm after once I get it on the car, fingers crossed for next week
Old 15-11-2011, 04:28 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quick update: had a bit of time over the weekend so managed to paint the brake calipers the actual painting part was easy enough but the prep time ended up resulting in it being a fairly lengthy job, well worth it in the end though cos I think the results look great!! the Subaru embossed bit isn't perfect so am a little annoyed but you can only really tell from right up close so doesn't bother me toooo much...although I will probably end up doing a bit of touch up work on them when I get some extra time lol

The contrast of the white behind the black rims is exactly what I was hoping for so am very pleased and tonight my order will be going to Rob for a 1-piece STI front lip which should finish off my original 'vision' of the car quite nicely!

Happy days ahead!
p.s - I am aiming to make it down to Vastese bakery this Saturday so am looking forward to meeting some of you guys there!
Attached Thumbnails
caliper1.jpg   caliper2.jpg   caliper3.jpg  
Old 15-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Subaru Tech Division

REXXXED knows their stuff

Calipers look awesome, however will get some hectic brake dust on them!
Happy Cleaning!
Old 15-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Well done mate, looks very nice!
Old 15-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Sir AntiLag

Makavel at standard level

looks nice mate, change the side indicators to clear to !!
Old 16-11-2011, 09:29 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Cheers for the complements guys I'm glad other people enjoy the look I'm going for as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by REXXXED View Post
Calipers look awesome, however will get some hectic brake dust on them!
Happy Cleaning!
haha yep this is the only downside with the white colour choice, I do enjoy washing the car though so it shouldn't be too bad, happy cleaning indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makavel View Post
looks nice mate, change the side indicators to clear to !!
Thanks mate, and yep the indicators are next on the list once I get my front lip on

Tags
howdy