Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 01:22 PM
STI Master

TheDoctor at standard level

Welcome mate. A few of your compatriots already hang around these parts.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Thomas (im guessing), not to take anything away from the wrx club (i have been a member for over 12 years) but they have a much different demographic to here. I.e. A lot older.

Without causing a shit storm and being very generalistic it is the same people at the wrx club that put all the effort in. It is not fair on those people to keep coming up with new ideas and renwed enthusiasm. Imho the higlights of their calendar are the track day they do at barbagallo once a year, the annual yallingup supercruise, and a couple of track days out at the rac centre. The wrx club was one of the first car clubs in wa to become cams accredited which is / was a massive feather in their cap.

Perth wrx is far more casual and is not an incorporated club with membership fees etc. Sure you can be a forum spporter but that just goes to keeping this site up. There seems to be a much younger crowd and is far more casual.

The oher website you might want to check out is antilag.com Alot of people from here are on both and whilst still retaining some of the great things about a public forum they are cams accredited (so they can hold timed, competitive events in their own right). They have a much larger core group than perth wrx or wrx club simply because they dont limit themselves to just wrx's.

Anyways my 2 cents and welcome.

Brendon
tarmac likes this.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Flat Four Father

mitchwnz knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to mitchwnz Send a message via Skype™ to mitchwnz

Welcome to Perth-WRX. Plenty of things going on here... just become BFF's with TJ and I'm sure you'll eventually know everybody in Perth.
Master D likes this.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

tthomas417 at standard level

Wow, appreciate all of the great feedback. I will start with those events and sites. The name is Travis, I left that out. Definitely agree that Americans breath cars and to be honest, that is one of the few things I think we do right. Im not a flag waving six shooting American and am glad to leave most of that behind but I am going through withdraws with the car scene and definitely hate the f**king camera trucks here. I am considering getting a laser jammer from Valentine to block those damn trucks. Worth the $1500 IMO. Thanks all. Hope to see everyone around.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Subaru Tech Division

magic1 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomas417 View Post
Wow, appreciate all of the great feedback. I will start with those events and sites. The name is Travis, I left that out. Definitely agree that Americans breath cars and to be honest, that is one of the few things I think we do right. Im not a flag waving six shooting American and am glad to leave most of that behind but I am going through withdraws with the car scene and definitely hate the f**king camera trucks here. I am considering getting a laser jammer from Valentine to block those damn trucks. Worth the $1500 IMO. Thanks all. Hope to see everyone around.

and BBQ
Old 08-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DukeDrifter knows their stuff

Welcome Travis hope your enjoying aus and hope to see you about
tthomas417 likes this.

Tags
club, meet, meetings, perth, show or shine or race

« New to PWRX | hey »