Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Scoobie Noobie

r8tdr at standard level
Default Type R 555

Hey guys ..will be moving to Sydney in the near future and looking to bring my baby over from New Zealand..just wondering how rare my model is in Australia and is it worth bringing or should i just sell a purchase one when i get to Aus.Afraid i wont find one this mint in Sydney.this hasnt got one scratch nor a mark on the wheels and has only done 120xxxkm

has all the goodies ranging from purple tial bov and wastegate,defi gauges,apexi intercooler kit,advan rgs,ganador mirrors the list goes on,am looking for 300kw atw in the near future

Only jap crap used on this
Attached Thumbnails
cars_328.jpg   cars_334.jpg  

Last edited by r8tdr; 05-01-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:54 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DukeDrifter knows their stuff

I'd bring yours over
Old 05-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Scoobie Noobie

r8tdr at standard level

Sweet as man cheers for the reply.just realised ill have alot of issues once this lands in Sydney as it has gauges on the dash.straight through 3" exhaust,external pumps.bigger turbo etc.will have to look into your guys regulations before i make a final decision
Old 05-01-2014, 08:28 PM
STI Master

matto20v at standard level

Things are very different here, a lot tighter on regulations, etc. In Sydney, any vehicle over 3yrs old must go for a yearly inspection for roadworthiness. I beleive in New Zealand, you can modify a car as much as you want? It is very different here in Aus, and Sydney is quite tight on mods due to the yearly inspections.

However, still bring your car over, it looks tip top!!!
Old 05-01-2014, 09:34 PM
STI Master

reconus at standard level

can i have it?
phizzle likes this.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Not sure about New South Wales, but in WA, if you have proof you've owned the car for over a year (rego papers in your name etc), you don't have to go for an inspection at the pits, you just pay the registration and compulsory 3rd party insurance and pick up your new plates.

This may or may not be the case in NSW anyway and I doubt very much it would apply to international cars either....

If you like it enough you'll bring it over and put up with a few headaches and lose a few grand along the way.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:52 PM
Sign me up!
Barge Master

pmh at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by phizzle View Post
Not sure about New South Wales, but in WA, if you have proof you've owned the car for over a year (rego papers in your name etc), you don't have to go for an inspection at the pits, you just pay the registration and compulsory 3rd party insurance and pick up your new plates.

This may or may not be the case in NSW anyway and I doubt very much it would apply to international cars either....

If you like it enough you'll bring it over and put up with a few headaches and lose a few grand along the way.

Not sure if this is correct
My bro in law brought his Beemer from the UK which he owned for more than a yr and had to get through the pits to get it licensed
He had to get a temp moving license from the docks to his home and then to pits
This was 1.5yr ago
Old 05-01-2014, 11:57 PM