Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > Introductions
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 05:20 PM
STI Master

fatboy at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo69 View Post
i dont know you, but you are a fuck head
You may be right, i will just check...... yep i will turn and head straight into the "im a fuckhead" comment just to make sure i run right into it!

Look up WA Trackdays on Facebook
Old 04-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Subaru Tech Division

DukeDrifter knows their stuff

The guy admitted he fucked up and is taking the blame for it, it's not your car nor did it affect you in anyway.

No need to be such a douche about it.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:13 PM
Ambitious but Rubbish...

Saint_23 is a guruSaint_23 is a guru

I was there scrutineering that night and saw the car afterwards. Definitely FUBAR.

Mine cost $6k roughly to fix with less damage, and that was predominately mates rates.

For future reference if you know your going into something, best yank the wand and try to back it in. Save the engine.
rjb and Tony like this.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:19 PM
STI Master

baylee at standard level

Ino, let's ignite the concrete barrier debate!!!

Plastic barrier all would be sweet..
;-)

You all turned head on Into that 1!!!!!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:23 PM
STI Master

baylee at standard level

And
First rule of rallying, always hit nav side.... Just is...!
astralex and Damo69 like this.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level
Default Introduction with a Bang

Not sure what you all are on about. I don't think you should race with the intention of crashing in a particular way.... If you are, you are doing it wrong!

Aiming to hit something head on ensures your full front of car absorbs impact.. Not smart
Aiming to hit something with your side or rear is also not smart, you are more likely to crunch you or your passenger... the sides of a car aren't too strong.
If you have time to back the car into a fence you certainly have time to avoid the fence....!

Best thing is to know your car and your limits and drive to them.

What's done is done, cars are replaceable, people are not.
dnbosiris likes this.

Last edited by Jezza; 04-07-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:28 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
Hang on, you turned the car back to hit head on? so you had time to react and decided to TURN INTO THE FUCKING CONCRETE BARRIER?

Dumbest fucking thing i have ever read on the internet!

For the record i was there that night running a couple of cars behind you , the coolant that you dropped caused me to slip over a gutter and bend a suspention pickup point, but while that was happening i was TURNING THE CAR AWAY FROM THE CONCRETE...

I don't know you but my suggestion is either stay away from motorsport or go and win at nascar!

Edit: i just re read your post and i notice you said "i cant see shit" and yet you didn't back off? Darwin award for you champ!
Thats rich considering your sitting here having a cry because the track conditions changed. Thats racing cunt. Thanks for taking the heat if me.

Last edited by Tony; 04-07-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Scoobie Noobie

liam_dee at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
Hang on, you turned the car back to hit head on? so you had time to react and decided to TURN INTO THE FUCKING CONCRETE BARRIER?

Dumbest fucking thing i have ever read on the internet!

For the record i was there that night running a couple of cars behind you , the coolant that you dropped caused me to slip over a gutter and bend a suspention pickup point, but while that was happening i was TURNING THE CAR AWAY FROM THE CONCRETE...

I don't know you but my suggestion is either stay away from motorsport or go and win at nascar!

Edit: i just re read your post and i notice you said "i cant see shit" and yet you didn't back off? Darwin award for you champ!
First off, sorry for your car mate... Hazards where on, I was waving people down, course layout due to conctrete barrier shift was changed, and the only person that didn't slow down, was a evo that stepped out a touch (not near the gutter) purely cause he chose to power through. No one else had a problem??. All I can suggest is next time you see a crashed car on a track, you proceed with more caution.

Secondly, I never thrash with passengers. It's not worth there life. If you saw an obsticle appear at 100km/h plus, youd want to hit it sideways? Do you understand how a crumple zone works? Let me put it very simply. Take your iPhone out. Drop it on its top section, when the unlock button is. Now drop it from the same height on its corner. It will take approximately half the pressure to shatter your screen from the corner. That's why ANCAP don't test a low surface area point for a crash.

The reasoning? More surface area = Better safety, less damage. Considering my partner only sustained a fractured sternum, she still thanks me for the decision.

Furthermore, I would do the same again.

Hope you don't ever make a mistake mate. You'll be crucified. Wait, you did! You didn't slow down and broke a suspension unit? Oh wait. Wasn't your fault.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Ambitious but Rubbish...

Saint_23 is a guruSaint_23 is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
Not sure what you all are on about. I don't think you should race with the intention of crashing in a particular way.... If you are, you are doing it wrong!
Luck favours the prepared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
If you have time to back the car into a fence you certainly have time to avoid the fence....!
Generic Horseshit.

Doug crashed into a fence post the very same afternoon I did. He tried for the corner and realised he was still going to fast and was going for an unplanned excursion, so grabbed wand and went in tail first. Only had to fix rear door and replace a wheel instead of a lot more. And he has more experience than most of us combined.

Last edited by Saint_23; 04-07-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:46 PM
Flat Four Father

Jezza at standard level

Gotta be pretty handy with a handbrake to perform that kind of wizardry

All still comes back to knowing your limits and the car's limits. Having the ability to whip a handbrake quickly and subconsciously isn't really something that you can plan - it comes from a lot of experience obviously...

Tags
bang, crash, introduction, mccrae, rallysprint