Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Vendors and Sponsors > Kido Racing
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

I think it would be good to get TH on here. No offence to you XT_FOR_ME but you arent the one doing the tunes yet you keep saying "we" with reference to tuning. Or are you a tuner now too?

http://kap.industries/
Old 19-05-2012, 09:15 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

XT_for_me at standard level

I have been tuning cars since you were in nappies Russ. I started tuning cars in 1973 and continued regularly into the mid 90's. I ran a tuning business during most of the 80's. I took it up again, or I should say, started to learn how to tune cars all over again in 2009 when I could not find anyone capable of tuning the MY09 Foz other than MRT. I am still learning but also realize that I do not have the time or inclination to learn it nearly as well as Matt already has. The last time I adjusted the tune on a car was last Monday on a Liberty GT.

Because STOPPING is never optional.

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/kido-racing/

www.kido-racing.com.au
Old 22-06-2012, 08:10 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

XT_for_me at standard level

Here are some testimonials:

TrumpST: MY11 Forester XTP Manual
Quote:
TH first tuned my car last year when I had the stock TD04 and X Force TBE. The difference was like chalk and cheese - much better throttle response, better all through the rev range, and better again when you turned off the traction control

Overall driveability has improved along with fuel economy (even with my lead foot).

Since then I've installed a VF52 (with Matt's help), a Process West TMIC and a Turbosmart Kompact BOV. Retuned by TH and lots more smiles via the happy pedal, at first I had trouble keeping up with the gear changes in 1st and 2nd

Next on the list is a 3 port boost controller and a wideband sensor on the dump so we can lean out the fueling and get some more power. Gotta say he is brilliant with customer service, I've had a couple of issues with the VF52 and he's been able to sort them out usually on the same day (via a tactrix 2.0 and email).
NOTE: This SH9 Forester ran a 13.079 at WSID. 20/06/2012

philjt: MY09 Forester XTP Manual

Quote:
Had my car tuned by TH and was very very happy with the results. Nothing too special with my car, TCP TBE, stock TD-04 turbo, Grimspeed 3 port EBC (Matt helped install - thanks) & Turbosmart Kompact BOV. After the tune was completed there was insane amounts of torque, better throttle response, fuel economy was better than stock and quicker spool. I was very impressed with the level of service I received and Matt's impecable "Rain Man" knowledge about my car. I wouldn't hesitate to seek his assistance or advice regarding my car and would recommend him to anybody.

I had a small hiccup with cruise control where the throttle would fluctuate from closed to open at regular intervals (very noticeable) while cruising, sent Matt an email and the next day (may have even been the same day - I dont think he sleeps!) and he fixed it pronto!!! (new map and the use of my taxtrix of course)

All in all excellent service, superb results, brilliant knowledge and dedication to this black art (well for me anyway). You wont be dissapointed.
trh82: MY10 Forester XTP Auto.
Quote:
Happy with Throttlehappy? Very much so, got his magic applied to my car yesterday. Wow does it transform the car!!! The auto was ordinary before and the shift quality varied, but now with DSG style shifts its great, downshifts are quicker and with the added throttle response and oomph from lower in the rev range, it is definitely a much nicer car to drive.

My mum has a standard XT and after my dad drove it, then mine he was very impressed with the difference. So much so that he is looking at upgrading mums car.

Full gains fuel consumption is yet the be fully analysed as I have been enjoying the extra oomph. But it is definitely a bit better to start with so far.

Throttlehappy is highly reccomended.

Because STOPPING is never optional.

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/kido-racing/

www.kido-racing.com.au

Tags
kido, talk, tunes, tuning