Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > The Law and Politics- Locally and Abroad
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave View Post
You truly reap what you sow when it comes to politics in this country.
You do, however you also reap the seads that have been sown by others. Hence politics is as broad as it is long in regards to choice.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

My cat's breath smells like cat food.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:21 PM
STI Master

meatbag at standard level

Can someone put this means test into simpletons terms for me?

I currently have private health insurance because it works out cheaper to pay for it, than pay the tax involved for not having it. Having the private cover is just a bonus.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Powered by BP98

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatbag View Post
Can someone put this means test into simpletons terms for me?

I currently have private health insurance because it works out cheaper to pay for it, than pay the tax involved for not having it. Having the private cover is just a bonus.
According to the stupid bitch in charge of this great country, Only those single people who earn more than $83,000pa and households $166,000pa or more will be means tested and will not recieve the 30% reduction to public health insurance premiums.

Also, my 2 dogs breath now smells like marrow bones.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Powered by BP98

Also, my fiancee just added, we don't vote the best party in, we vote to keep the worst party out.

Then, I got a sammich.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatbag View Post
The Government currently give private health members a 30% rebate on their premiums. So if your premium is $100/month, you pay $70 and the Government pays $30 to the insurer.

Basically what the Government want to do is decrease or scrap that rebate for income earners over 83k.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:15 PM
STI Master

meatbag at standard level

The bastards!

Sooo... by my understanding, if you work hard and earn a decent wage, the government no longer gives a shit about your health?

The levy in place remains I take it? i.e. if you earn over 83k and don't have private health insurance you get taxed more.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:33 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

mark1 at standard level

As a labor voter some of the decsisions they have made recently have pissed me off but....
If it wasnt for all the backlash about taxing RIO/BHP/FORTESCUE etc this rebate/tax wouldnt be needed to be looked at all. As if a 20 billion dollar profit per annum isnt enough. Fuck Abbot and co. bending over for multinational miners and the Gina Reindharts of the world.

Bring back Kevin!!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:28 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru

Abbott and the Libs have not been bent over by mining companies as you so eloquently described it?
JuLIAR and the muppets are in charge and have been for some time. They are responsible for the DEAL they did with a few big mining companies to try a give the mining tax legs. If you are going to make comment then make sure you know what you speak of.

JuLIAR had promised to but this money back into the public health system but now she just wants to prop up her woeful budget deficit spending record. Another lie is spawned. What do you think will happen to our already under pressure public health system?
Old 12-02-2012, 10:52 AM