Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > The Law and Politics- Locally and Abroad
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-01-2012, 07:27 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconus View Post
They should implement the Finnish laws here in aust. that segment on top gear was cool.
+1!

If you had to go through the finnish driving tests you would
A) NEVER crash (almost)
B) not take your license for granted like 50%+ of WA drivers seem to.
Old 23-01-2012, 07:58 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

ewrxion87 at standard level

24...25 next month and well off my P's

i think the law is a good idea, however it will need to be leniant in some areas.... cars like the turbo diesel hilux or any along those lines...i wouldnt call high powered.

i think the driver training is a good idea... and wack some discipline into the first time offenders as well.... instead of fining them.. make them pay for a day of advanced training and show them accident /hospital videos of what happens if you stuff up.

maybe even a driver's Ed class for yr 12 students going to get their L's

at the end of the day its up to the decision of the driver on how he drives not the cars.... u can launch and thrash any car on the road and get it too speed.... but if you dont want to slow down around a corner then thats the drivers error.

IMO anyways

P-West TMIC / ecutek / HF CAI / Turbosmart / Apexi / Federal / 19psi / bc racing & whiteline / Perrin Performance / Rays
Old 23-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Sir AntiLag

SJTWRC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint_23 View Post
I wont vote Labour/Mark McGowan simply because the retarded cnut was the cause of Perth losing Rally Australia.

McGowan can go die in a house fire whilst eating a bag of dick.
Agreed 100% he is a fkin idiot and I hate him for canning it. RIP WRC
Old 23-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewrxion87 View Post

i think the driver training is a good idea... and wack some discipline into the first time offenders as well.... instead of fining them.. make them pay for a day of advanced training and show them accident /hospital videos of what happens if you stuff up.

maybe even a driver's Ed class for yr 12 students going to get their L's
you don’t go from a Mazda 2 to a Kenworth 18 wheeler or a Motorbike without extensive training/testing and even if it wasn't compulsory to do driver training the GOV could at least subsidise it to make it more affordable to the average driver.

FYI: they do have drivers ED in year 12... but when your teachers could park straight to save a life what hope you got (I turned out ok though)
Old 23-01-2012, 08:39 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

subsidising it for P platers is a good idea...

at the end of the day mate.... as said in the article.... its a minority....a minority that givs us high powered vehicle drivers a bad rep.... then we get targeted by cops for the smallest thing.

theres a difference between passing your test from a mazda 2 to a 18 wheler kenworth or a motorbike and actually knowing how to drive it.

i got my HR license.... but it doesnt mean im a professional at it.

the minority of P plater behind high powered vehicles obviously do thing they are professional race car drivers on public streets (they the ones that end up having the accidents).... thats where its at right there.
skids for kids.

the problem is - everyone on P's under 21 gets banned because of the knobhead minority...thats unfair but unfortunately the government says thats life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan [WRX Club Spec Evo 7] View Post
you don’t go from a Mazda 2 to a Kenworth 18 wheeler or a Motorbike without extensive training/testing and even if it wasn't compulsory to do driver training the GOV could at least subsidise it to make it more affordable to the average driver.

FYI: they do have drivers ED in year 12... but when your teachers could park straight to save a life what hope you got (I turned out ok though)

P-West TMIC / ecutek / HF CAI / Turbosmart / Apexi / Federal / 19psi / bc racing & whiteline / Perrin Performance / Rays
Old 23-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

It's been on the cards for a long time. WA is just one of the last states to implement it.

What will it do, sweet FA. They should look at the stats from the East coast where there is still a road toll (OMG!).

I would like them to publish this in the public arena:

[img]Road Safety Minister Rob Johnson said the Curtin-Monash Accident Research Centre would provide its report on the link between power-to-weight ratios and fatal and serious crashes among young drivers to the Road Safety Council by next month.[/img]

How to solve it? Better and tougher driver education. All of us know someone who had to sit their test a few times. If you can't pass it, life time bus pass (credit for that idea goes to George ).

I do think there should be a test to get an upgraded licence for high performance vehicles, same as bikes, not an age limit or driving period accumulated automatic upgrade - but go sit a test to see if you are capable of driving and education as to the risks.

If any politician was serious about the road toll, they would have incentives to drive well. Instead we just have punishments and nothing to strive for. Throwing some ideas out there, no demerits in 3 years - free license, cheaper insurance etc. Let police issue 'prizes' instead of fines to good driving (i.e. bonus demerits, licensing, parking cards etc).
Old 23-01-2012, 08:56 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

yea kato some really good points there...

seems wa police are quite pocket hungry... people need to be rewarded for safe driving and others shown in the right direction. tougher education i agree with, i never had drivers ed when i was at school....apparently they do now ^^^^ seems the education is 'lack of'... and if thats the case... drivers ed should be third party at schools and not held by the teachers at the school.

when have u seen a serious politician tho

Gillard = DJ rangamatang haha (skitz mix 38)

Old 23-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Flat Four Father

mitchwnz knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to mitchwnz Send a message via Skype™ to mitchwnz

I completely agree with the idea of incentives for good driving, but the government is far too set in their ways to actually give something back for once.
Old 23-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Sign me up!
Why stop at two bar?

tuna is a gurutuna is a guru

very un-labor to support a v8 ban, the lapping p-platers would contribute toward the collection of excessive excise duty on the amount of fuel they waste.

overall- i'd support the legislation- no longer being 21 and all.

Long live the WRC
Old 23-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewrxion87 View Post
subsidising it for P platers is a good idea...

at the end of the day mate.... as said in the article.... its a minority....a minority that givs us high powered vehicle drivers a bad rep.... then we get targeted by cops for the smallest thing.

theres a difference between passing your test from a mazda 2 to a 18 wheler kenworth or a motorbike and actually knowing how to drive it.

i got my HR license.... but it doesnt mean im a professional at it.

the minority of P plater behind high powered vehicles obviously do thing they are professional race car drivers on public streets (they the ones that end up having the accidents).... thats where its at right there.
skids for kids.

the problem is - everyone on P's under 21 gets banned because of the knobhead minority...thats unfair but unfortunately the government says thats life.
100% agree with what your saying...

and no matter how you slice it its (as usual) minority over majority.

I think we can all agree on that.

Tags
labor, vote, whatever you do don't vote greens