Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > The Law and Politics- Locally and Abroad
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-01-2012, 12:43 AM
STI Master

Jacob92 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
I think if you wanted to get technical, pound for pound RWD's are probably in general terms the best handling setups.

In an AWD you often have comprimised setups with more weight over the front of the car which induces understeer.

But that totally ignores 100000000000 other factors.
I've owned both awd and the rwd in question and am the age group in question straight up I'll admit ive tried stupider stuff in the awd just cause of the higher speed risk .. Rwd was all about on the brake or cluth dumps if u get me .. Saying that my car had half the power and was lameo
Old 24-01-2012, 07:17 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Shez at standard level

[QUOTE=Jacob92;646025]
Any way I dunno what the test is like up Perth further but mandurah really is piss weak 1/3 is how to park your car wtf really what does that test for a young driver handling a car A more than an idle roll..
QUOTE]

They teach parking so fucktards don't dent our rides, you might not think it important, but the rest of us that have had car park damange do!

Anyway, I back my original comments. There are a lot of opinions on here as to what would be good, so why not form a sub committee, draw up an action plan, get it loosely costed, and get it petitioned (showing support) and take it to a local member, or (god forgive me) Today Tonight - they are quick to show old footage of "hoon" drivers, and we are quick to mention it, so why not turn it into a positive for the car comminuty and show that we are responsible, we do have minds, and that we are of all ages and socio-economic demographics. Show that we are making positive steps, instead of doing the usual Australian thing and take no action, then complain about it later?
Old 24-01-2012, 08:23 AM
STI Master

Jacob92 at standard level

Today tonight's fav one is an anti lag burnout sesh on a private pad wtf ....
As the the parking is
Hate my car to get hit but really as the determining factor to get your licenece it's kinda crap
Old 24-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Those antilag guys are fuckheads anyhow

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 24-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Lol @ RWD being a disaster waiting to happen.

All the best handling cars in the world are RWD (or have a RWD bias). Shit even STI put the DCCD in so you could have more rear action.

A FWD shitbox would be more of an issue when punted around (hello understeer into a tree).

Issue here is not the drive type, but how well the driver can drive for the car and conditions.
Old 24-01-2012, 09:10 AM
STI Master

scary knows their stuff

I see alot of comments about driver training on here......Go to RAC find the limits of your car etc etc.

Then there are comments about yes we should have limits on power etc etc....

The plain and simple truth is without a change of attitude by the demographic in question no amount of training or restriction is going to reduce the accidents, deaths or stupidity.

Going to RAC and having driver training in my opinion will only increase the head swell and perceived skill of those dipsticks who are in the headlines.

Do you really think that having been to a driver training course the muppet who got caught doing ludicrous speed on the freeway would not have done it?? would he have been able to avoid an accident at 200kph+ because he went around a controlled environment at 80??? Would he not have gone for a high speed run if the car took longer to get there???.. all very doubtful

Driver training WILL help those people who come across an unusual situation or have a situation thrust upon them ie emergency Braking, avoidance etc

Driver training for the masses will NOT stop deaths by stupidity, young guys who think they are invincible, just too fast for the conditions or "Hooning". I actually think the amount of sideways into a "insert favorite imovable object here" will increase with the type of mandated driver training the government would introduce, while it will decrease the number of fender bender incidents with younger drivers.

Quite simply people take risks everyday, it just seems that the younger population are willing to take much greater risks on a daily basis.

I mean 20-50 years ago there was a very small demographic who took the risks - see evel knievel for instance - 1 guy out of an entire population no how many crusty deamons are there and how many wanna be's are there from that??? Look at the you tube videos of muppets doing stunts and failing.....badly.

Not everyone is cut out to be race car driver.

In my humble opinion parenting is the issue. FULL STOP.

Fear is something a vast majority of these kids grow up without. The sooner it becomes apparent to some of these kids that Mum and Dad will NOT bail you out everytime the shit hits the fan and it reverses to Mum and Dad WILL kick your dumb ass when you fuck up from a younger age then nothing will change.

I did plenty of stupid shit when I was younger - hell I still do plenty of stupid shit now BUT I have some experience on my side. When I was younger if i smacked a curb and bent the steering or broke something I was more shit scared of my parents/legal consequences than hurting myself. BUT this continually helped to rein in the attitude and stupidity.

These days all I hear is how the police can get fucked and how mum and dad bailed me out etc.

You should fear the consequences of your actions.

You should be taken to task for the small acts of stupidity.

Hopefully by having your ass kicked for the small things it "might" stop you from doing the things that will really make a difference to others lives...like killing your mate who is a passenger..............

ATTITUDE is the ONLY resolution.

my 2c

12.463 1/4 mile, not bad for an old school Liberty [DECEASED]

MY08 Liberty Tuned by STi
Old 24-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Dak Dak Boom!

BOMB3R is a guruBOMB3R is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scary View Post
In my humble opinion parenting is the issue. FULL STOP.

Fear is something a vast majority of these kids grow up without. The sooner it becomes apparent to some of these kids that Mum and Dad will NOT bail you out everytime the shit hits the fan and it reverses to Mum and Dad WILL kick your dumb ass when you fuck up from a younger age then nothing will change.

I did plenty of stupid shit when I was younger - hell I still do plenty of stupid shit now BUT I have some experience on my side. When I was younger if i smacked a curb and bent the steering or broke something I was more shit scared of my parents/legal consequences than hurting myself. BUT this continually helped to rein in the attitude and stupidity.

These days all I hear is how the police can get fucked and how mum and dad bailed me out etc.

You should fear the consequences of your actions.

You should be taken to task for the small acts of stupidity.

Hopefully by having your ass kicked for the small things it "might" stop you from doing the things that will really make a difference to others lives...like killing your mate who is a passenger..............

ATTITUDE is the ONLY resolution.

my 2c
This is absolutely 100% spot on!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
365hp and 515nm

New Beast to arrive April 2015 - 365hp, 450nm, 0-100 in 4.4sec. AMG Goodness!
Old 24-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Close thread - Shane is 100% spot on.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 24-01-2012, 10:23 AM
DCCD Donut Driver

blackwrxwagon at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato View Post
Lol @ RWD being a disaster waiting to happen.

All the best handling cars in the world are RWD (or have a RWD bias). Shit even STI put the DCCD in so you could have more rear action.

A FWD shitbox would be more of an issue when punted around (hello understeer into a tree).

Issue here is not the drive type, but how well the driver can drive for the car and conditions.
Lift off oversteer is alot more of an issue in a FWD than understeer - particularily to the average pleb

I think some here are forgetting that the driven wheels do not determine how fast a car can go around a corner, but instead how it puts the power down. You don't get more grip from an awd car, just more traction.

I started my P's in a fwd hatch, moved to an awd wrx when I was 19, then again to a turbo rwd car and a v8 rwd car at 20. I went from something that had ~100kw, to 307kw within 3 years, and I'm not dead, I didn't crash, simply because I entered in motorkhanas, skidpans and track days.

I managed to nearly lose my lic in my underpowered hatch, and actually haven't got a speeding ticket since I've changed to performance cars, as my attitude of a stupid P-plater that had to speed everywhere to be cool and have fun, has changed to an attitude of that if I get caught doing something stupid, I'll get raped by the big dick of the law, in both fines and yellow stickers (one of my cars is very illegal).

If I was in power, I'd ban high performance cars with a power/weight ratio of over x kw/tonne whilst on P-plates, and have mandatory driver training and skid pans to L and P platers. So that every 6-12 months you go and do another half day of driver training or a skidpan, to actually reinforce the understanding of how a car works.

I've also noticed with a large number of my mates, particularily girls, that they have no understanding of the basic principles of how a car actually works, such as how it brakes, how a gearbox or clutch works ect. For example - My girlfriend passed her driving test in a manual, did her 6 month/25hrs in her parents auto corrola, then bought a new suzuki swift manual, and realized she couldn't drive a manual - was stalling it at lights, couldn't hill start, had no idea what she was doing. It was because she was taught how to pass a test, not how to drive and how a car operates. Once she understood what a clutch was, what RPM actually meant and what the relationship between road speed, gear speed and engine speed was, she could actually drive properly, to the point where she's now able to heel-toe and change gears without a clutch.

Eductation, in my expierance, makes a massive difference to the attitude and quality of driver.
#26 E series HSV senator - bunky
Old 24-01-2012, 12:52 PM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

So ban the southern cross tatoo, aussie cars and bundy.

problem solved.

Tags
labor, vote, whatever you do don't vote greens