Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > The Law and Politics- Locally and Abroad
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Subaru Tech Division

SyncSubaru at standard level

Have to agree with Andrew on this one.
Old 19-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB Liberty View Post
I guess this will lead to the final nail in the Australian car industry coffin.

More policy on the run by the Labor government. Perhaps this will lead to the final nail in Labor's coffin ...
Liberal's to block FBT changes

Seems one party is out there trying to stop Australia being destroyed by policy making on the run.
Old 19-07-2013, 02:18 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

mavx4 at standard level

Quote:
mp-signals-gay-marriage-conscience-vote/story

That is incorrect ... It was because of a pre-election promise made by the Liberal Party which they are hesitant to go change. Unlike - "They'll be no carbon tax under a government I lead ..."

I am aware that the position will change after the next election. Personally, I don't agree to more softening of our language and, as such, I don't agree to gay marriage but firmly believe in civil unions and equivalent rights.

Please refer to http://www.smh.com.au/comment/gay-marriage-versus-civil-partnerships
I believe in equivalent rights as well, that is why I don't understand why can't homosexuals call their relationship a "marriage". It doesn't matter if they are "essentially the same" just different names. well if they are the same then why can't they call it "marriage" in official terms.

19.5psi tune 271.6HP@6000 351.3NM@4700
Old 19-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavx4 View Post
I believe in equivalent rights as well, that is why I don't understand why can't homosexuals call their relationship a "marriage". It doesn't matter if they are "essentially the same" just different names. well if they are the same then why can't they call it "marriage" in official terms.
I think there is too much modification of language to suit special interests and I am personally sick and tired of it. Some of the changes seem benign but this allows serious changes to occur without the populous thinking about the implications. For example ... "collateral damage" rather than "killed" or "murdered".

Marriage

noun

1 the formal union of a man and a woman, typically as recognized by law, by which they become husband and wife:she has three children from a previous marriage
[mass noun] the state of being married:women want equality in marriage
(in some jurisdictions) a union between partners of the same sex.

2a combination or mixture of elements:her music is a marriage of funk, jazz, and hip hop

Source http://oxforddictionaries.com/defini...age?q=Marriage

Last edited by GTB Liberty; 19-07-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 19-07-2013, 03:14 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

mavx4 at standard level

Quote:
I think there is too much modification of language to suit special interests and I am personally sick and tired of it. Some of the changes seem benign but this allows serious changes to occur without the populous thinking about the implications. For example ... "collateral damage" rather than "killed" or "murdered".

Marriage

noun

1 the formal union of a man and a woman, typically as recognized by law, by which they become husband and wife:she has three children from a previous marriage
[mass noun] the state of being married:women want equality in marriage
(in some jurisdictions) a union between partners of the same sex.

2a combination or mixture of elements:her music is a marriage of funk, jazz, and hip hop

Source marriage: definition of marriage in Oxford dictionary (British & World English)
If we are going to the dictionary to look for the meaning of marriage that was set by social protocols and religious institutions in the middle ages then I can go all the way back to ancient greece, rome or mesopotamia where same sex marriage was celebrated. one of the roman emperor, nero, married to two different men and the term marriage was actually used. the ban on same sex marriage didnt take place until christianity became the official religion of the roman empire. from my point of view, allowing same sex couples to get married is simply going back to your roots.

Old 19-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Flat Four Father

BLUES at standard level

Any law that's based on religion is fucken retarted.

So the man wearing the wizard hat & robe who sexually abuses kids is now the expert on who can get married??

If the gays want to get married, go for it. As long as they're not jamming their cock in my arse, I don't give a shit.
Barbagallo - 56.03 (S); 1:08.09 (L)
Collie - 50.77
Possibly the most under-driven Evo X in the world??
Old 19-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

I don't have any problems whatsoever with gay marriage, however right now in Australia there are far bigger issues at stake. Winning the ability to have same sex marriage, in my opinion, is not a win if Australia and the Australian people must suffer financially.
SyncSubaru (19-07-2013)
Old 19-07-2013, 03:35 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

mavx4 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralex View Post
I don't have any problems whatsoever with gay marriage, however right now in Australia there are far bigger issues at stake. Winning the ability to have same sex marriage, in my opinion, is not a win if Australia and the Australian people must suffer financially.
I dont think they are mutually exclusive as i doubt it costs that much to allow more people to get married. as i said before, i will vote liberal as soon as they support same sex marriage because I dont think i will be able to sleep at night knowing that I took part to deny happiness in other people's lives so that i can pay less tax

Old 19-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

Do you really think all this is about paying less tax?
Old 19-07-2013, 03:43 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

mavx4 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralex View Post
Do you really think all this is about paying less tax?
of course not, i work in finance so I have a pretty good understanding of the economy. that was just a figure of speech

Tags
labor, vote, whatever you do don't vote greens