Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   The Law and Politics- Locally and Abroad (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/law-politics-locally-abroad/)
-   -   New first strike law to seize hoons' cars (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/law-politics-locally-abroad/53451-new-first-strike-law-seize-hoons-cars.html)

DukeDrifter 17-02-2013 12:06 PM

Just another way for the government to make more money of "hoons".

They never seem to do anything that will actually stop people from "hooning", only introducing more way of making money off it.

I'm going to love when my neighbors complain about my car causing them distress when i come home late at night.

mattmy99 17-02-2013 12:25 PM

[QUOTE=DukeDrifter;738634]
They never seem to do anything that will actually stop people from "hooning", only introducing more way of making money off it.

I'm going to love when my neighbors complain about my car causing them distress when i come home late at night.[/QUOTE]

Is it really the government's job to come up with ways to enforce sensible driving?
I figured that would be logic and common sense's job.

If someone's IS actually driving like a fucktard and endangering the lives of others, I'm all for taking their car and crushing it. No warnings.

Hurtenstein 17-02-2013 12:31 PM

Ripping a fat sizzley on your way out of the carpark isnt endangering lives.

XT43 17-02-2013 12:35 PM

Le yawn.

GTB Liberty 17-02-2013 12:50 PM

The issue is that laws like this are simply unconstitutional. Parliament makes laws, police enforce them, and judges make decisions on the legitimacy of the law and the penalty to be applied. That is the fundamentals of the Westminster system.

It is not for parliamentarians to make laws that make police judge, jury and executioner.

DukeDrifter 17-02-2013 01:12 PM

[QUOTE=mattmy99;738636]Is it really the government's job to come up with ways to enforce sensible driving?
I figured that would be logic and common sense's job.

If someone's IS actually driving like a fucktard and endangering the lives of others, I'm all for taking their car and crushing it. No warnings.[/QUOTE]

i agree completely i just think that there are more effective ways which will cost the government money not line there pockets.

RichX 17-02-2013 03:54 PM

+1 for the "Labor Reaction" on this.

CB out of touch with reality once again.

[QUOTE]Labor Leader Mark McGowan today responded to the announcement, saying that the Liberals had waited until the eve of the State election to finally take an interest in the issue.

“Its last attempt at laws to combat hoons was a complete embarrassment and contained loopholes that resulted in innocent members of the public being punished," he said.

“Western Australians will remember the injustice caused to a Perth doctor, who had his yellow Lamborghini seized despite the fact a mechanic was driving the vehicle when hoon offences were committed.

“The Barnett Government was left red-faced and forced to address its half-baked laws.

“The so-called ‘tough’ laws resulted in few people being charged with hoon offences, a clear sign that the broken promise to deliver 500 additional police officers allowed hoons to escape punishment.

“Offenders can’t be charged if there are not enough police to catch them, and the Barnett Government’s broken police promise was one of its biggest failures in four and-a-half years in Government.”[/QUOTE]

Master D 17-02-2013 04:15 PM

I think its a load of bullshit even at the best of times.

If my car was impounded for being to loud, wasnt found to be, i think the lawsuits back against the government would be outragous.

With little to no proof apart from old granny's word against yours, you are labelled as guilty and loose your car.
I think Mr Barnett has better enjoy his new 1Mil office, fucker wont be there for much longer.

STI325V6 17-02-2013 04:27 PM

The people who drive below the speed limit are the ones who cause the most problems.

Coming back from Busselton a couple of weeks ago, old fucks doing 80 in a 110 zone!

MY00GC8 17-02-2013 04:44 PM

[QUOTE=STI325V6;738660]The people who drive below the speed limit are the ones who cause the most problems.

Coming back from Busselton a couple of weeks ago, old fucks doing 80 in a 110 zone![/QUOTE]

I had the same thing going to yallingup, 70 in a 110, and had no intentions of speeding up! So dangerous!