Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   The Law and Politics- Locally and Abroad (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/law-politics-locally-abroad/)
-   -   New first strike law to seize hoons' cars (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/law-politics-locally-abroad/53451-new-first-strike-law-seize-hoons-cars.html)

MISSWRXYSTi 18-02-2013 09:02 AM

[QUOTE=GTB Liberty;738627][I]tony of Perth Posted at 9:26 AM Today
there's internet crews who`s whole intention is to break these laws in perth, like on antilag. maybe if you chase those offenders you`l stop part of the problem instead of letting them openly break the law.
Comment 27 of 27[/I]

I guess having an Antilag banner will be an instant confiscation due to distress caused ... Well if Tony of Perth has its way.
[/QUOTE]

Damn Antilag!!! Haha

Maybe Tony is still envious of Joe's Melb Cup winnings !! Kekeke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kato 18-02-2013 10:04 AM

Utter crap that is good for headlines and won't ever make it through.

As for cops targeting people... Exactly how many people have been hoon lawed so far for doing NOTHING wrong?

Does anyone actually think they can push through a law where an old granny can get a car permanently impounded from 1 complaint? If one person is getting 10+ complaints from neighbours because they drive like a dick, the deserve to get a knock on the door from the cops.

Terry.Wrist 18-02-2013 11:19 AM

One scenario,

Neighbour or someone has a grudge against you which has nothing to do with your car or how you drive. Complains numerous times, gets mates to complain. All of a sudden you have a shitty situation

XT43 18-02-2013 11:33 AM

But this has been in place for ages?

Im sure there is / has been a dob in a hoon thingo up and running for a while...

norwest_rumbler 18-02-2013 11:45 AM

[QUOTE=Terry.Wrist;738783]One scenario,

Neighbour or someone has a grudge against you which has nothing to do with your car or how you drive. Complains numerous times, gets mates to complain. All of a sudden you have a shitty situation[/QUOTE]

just heard liza harvey on the radio...LOL

the complaints from the general public are not enough with these new laws to get cars taken on the first strike- the police still need to collect evidence on the matter before anything happens..

Le yawn x2

American Dave 18-02-2013 11:49 AM

collecting evidence ? relax because we all know that will never happen

norwest_rumbler 18-02-2013 12:01 PM

exactly...but thats what the $$ for the 'video surveillance' is for in the same annoucement lol
basically, its a crock.

Soksta 18-02-2013 12:06 PM

[QUOTE=norwest_rumbler;738790]just heard liza harvey on the radio...LOL[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't happen to know if there is a transcript or audio recording of this?

norwest_rumbler 18-02-2013 12:28 PM

no i dont, try 'media monitors' i think its called.
this was on around 9am today with Paul Murray

American Dave 18-02-2013 12:35 PM

I believe that the state government should purchase drones to fight the war on hoons.