Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Link Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/link-discussion/)
-   -   Links ECU (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/link-discussion/11279-links-engine-control-unit.html)

joey89 24-04-2007 04:08 PM

[QUOTE=urabus]Who knows whether he will ever take it down the strip but I think it is fair to say that a certain silver MY98 runs a motec and will be comfortably into the 10's.

Brendon[/QUOTE]
Comfortably dont know about that unless his done more to it!

impreza_GT 24-04-2007 04:13 PM

[QUOTE=joey89]Comfortably dont know about that unless his done more to it![/QUOTE]

i always thought this particular rex was the most decked out in WA in terms of performance etc...looks that way???

tuna 24-04-2007 04:13 PM

nothings a given until the deed is done.

11secWrx 24-04-2007 04:27 PM

[QUOTE=impreza_GT]i always thought this particular rex was the most decked out in WA in terms of performance etc...looks that way???[/QUOTE]

i WAS PRETTY SURE IT WAS STILL STANDARD AS FAR AS INTERNALS AND ENGINE CAPACITY GOES.
BUT I COULD BE WRONG

trainwrex 24-04-2007 04:31 PM

[QUOTE=POLARBEAR666]yeah it was a shame that your car went from an awesome 2L build. To a Maximum Clearance 2.5 rattler.

If only you had chosen the good side of the force and just got a perfourmance 2.5 shipped over.

As to LINK, I spose what I am getting at is that there is no way that anyone can suggest that LINK can't do full throttle power very well. Sure it might not have the best idle sometimes or the best part throttle cruising but when your flat out it wont be that far behind a motec flat out.[/QUOTE]

If only i hadnt thought to save money and went with the H6 build. funny in the end all the custom work on my car cost more than getting the H6 build :eek:

the silver 98 in question, still hasnt done any engine work, so it wouldnt be close to knocking on the 10s and even 11s.

BLUES 24-04-2007 05:11 PM

[QUOTE=trainwrex]the silver 98 in question, still hasnt done any engine work, so it wouldnt be close to knocking on the 10s and even 11s.[/QUOTE]

...or even 12's, 13's, 14's, 15's, 16's, etc - unless it's been rebuilt recently.

POLARBEAR666 24-04-2007 05:40 PM

haha good.. looks my 14.9@105 is safe.

phatskinz 02-05-2007 04:32 PM

anyone using a Link 44s?

POLARBEAR666 02-05-2007 05:31 PM

I am waiting to see a dyno sheet from someone who had a normal link and has upgraded to the G3..... It needs to be, smoother, faster, better generally and the launch control needs to work nicely to make it worth upgrading to the G3.

Its still 1 to 2 grand cheaper than motec and thats without adding motec antilag launch control and flat shifting which is free with the G3.

tuna 02-05-2007 06:01 PM

i would refer to link 'launch control' more as 'launch assist'

as the option with the motec is far more advanced then just building boost at a stand-still.

but if you want to compare apples for apples, you can still perform a link style 'launch control' with the motec without purchasing the options, likewise with flatshifting. although with antilag, you can buy a seperate option minus launch/traction/flatshifting which is significantly cheaper then the complete advanced options pack.