Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Link Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/link-discussion/)
-   -   Links ECU (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/link-discussion/11279-links-engine-control-unit.html)

11secWrx 24-04-2007 08:18 AM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]Thats not true.

You own a Link, and cant justify a 3k changeover for a MoTeC, therefore, you try and convince yourself that Link is best.[/QUOTE]

I know links are not the best out there. But its doing a good job on my car joe....

BALISTC 24-04-2007 08:54 AM

All good Brad, just stirrin a bit....I had a Link ECU for the best part of 3 years, did me well...

trainwrex 24-04-2007 08:56 AM

[QUOTE=POLARBEAR666]Where are the low 11 second Motec cars.... I forgot there aren't any[/QUOTE]

i would have been in the 10 sec bracket, if i wasnt reamed up the arse.

motec FTW

POLARBEAR666 24-04-2007 09:41 AM

yeah it was a shame that your car went from an awesome 2L build. To a Maximum Clearance 2.5 rattler.

If only you had chosen the good side of the force and just got a perfourmance 2.5 shipped over.

As to LINK, I spose what I am getting at is that there is no way that anyone can suggest that LINK can't do full throttle power very well. Sure it might not have the best idle sometimes or the best part throttle cruising but when your flat out it wont be that far behind a motec flat out.

tuna 24-04-2007 09:45 AM

[QUOTE=POLARBEAR666]yeah it was a shame that your car went from an awesome 2L build. To a Maximum Clearance 2.5 rattler.

If only you had chosen the good side of the force and just got a perfourmance 2.5 shipped over.

As to LINK, I spose what I am getting at is that there is no way that anyone can suggest that LINK can't do full throttle power very well. Sure it might not have the best idle sometimes or the best part throttle cruising but when your flat out it wont be that far behind a motec flat out.[/QUOTE]

spot on, at the end of the day, the conditions for WOT for most ECU's will acheive the same result, only by increasing the resolution can you to improve and run fractionally closer to the limits of an engine.

11secWrx 24-04-2007 10:14 AM

Does that mean we can all be friends??? :sad11:

POLARBEAR666 24-04-2007 12:35 PM

Group hug

WRXTASY 24-04-2007 03:54 PM

[QUOTE=tuna]spot on, at the end of the day, the conditions for WOT for most ECU's will acheive the same result, only by increasing the resolution can you to improve and run fractionally closer to the limits of an engine.[/QUOTE]
Here is an interesting quote that partly explains what you pay for with a more expensive ECU solution.
This is comparing both MSR tuned Targa Tas winners (an 02 STi S202 ECUTek vs an M800 99 WRX RA ..both Jap Spec)

"This time we have M800 motec, the joy of motec over the oem ecu is that above the oem knock control of 5600 we have some ignition corection in the maps, so you can run it on the edge and keep it there all day at any temps and gives us the use of the rpm above 5600 where we can tune for more top end using an 8200rpm limit. The S202 we kept it safe above 5600 so it made all it's power under 6k, and due to it's huge TMIC it was happy to run 1.7bar all day. With the 99 TMIC we need to keep boost at 1.5 bar at top or temps go through the roof, cams can be set up more for top end and use boost for torque down low"

J

POLARBEAR666 24-04-2007 04:05 PM

You would expect something for the xtra $3000 other than a gold box hehah

urabus 24-04-2007 04:07 PM

[QUOTE=POLARBEAR666]Where are the low 11 second Motec cars.... I forgot there aren't any[/QUOTE]

Who knows whether he will ever take it down the strip but I think it is fair to say that a certain silver MY98 runs a motec and will be comfortably into the 10's.

Brendon