Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Link Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/link-discussion/)
-   -   Links ECU (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/link-discussion/11279-links-engine-control-unit.html)

wrx_diamond 28-03-2007 10:29 AM

yeh the hand controller was like an extra $500 so im not going to bother! Just going to get RMS to tune my car to its best while still using the EBC to alter between high and low as i only would run High when i need to feel speed :p

Just have to say perthwrx is so handy to get information off, especially from all the wrx ownerz. So glad i signed up cause im real big wrx lover, its quiet scary! hah but nah serioulsy thanks people!

But serioulsy how much did other people pay for a brand new LINKS. Is $2200 expensive???

wrx_diamond 28-03-2007 10:31 AM

[QUOTE=Adr3naL1N]dont bother getting the hand controller, save your money, once rms has tuned the car you shouldnt need to touch anything on the hand controller, rms will tell you this also. And it is a good idea also to keep the greddy ebc, its better having an external boost controller, alternating between a high and low setting, this can be incorporated in the tune of the link however you wanna put it. Keep the ebc, have a high and low setting, say 11psi and high on 17psi. Then that controls ya boost, as i said dont bother with the hand controller waste of cash and you dont accidently wanna stuff any of the settings rms has put. Alternating between a high and low setting on the tuned ecu will be fine.

i had a link on my white wrx, didnt have a prob with it, i had a the antilag function on it, if you really after antilag for wank factor, dont get the link, antilag on the link doesnt coz big poppage and flames. But if your not worried bout antilag i recomend the link.[/QUOTE]

Whats the whole idea with this antilag iv been hearing about?? Obviously it helps to stop the lag but how does it work and is it worth getting???

BALISTC 28-03-2007 10:32 AM

Dude.....you sure its $500 for a hand controller?

As for antilag, do a search...info is freely available :)

wrx_diamond 28-03-2007 10:34 AM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]Dude.....you sure its $500 for a hand controller?

As for antilag, do a search...info is freely available :)[/QUOTE]

Yeh man pretty sure! otherwise wouldnt have said it!

This was some time ago

wrx_diamond 28-03-2007 10:39 AM

So from what iv read, ALS Can be dangerous also as it can put more pressure on your turbo etc. I want to consider the reliability factor too so i will think about this one! Is it a ON/OFF thing as in can you enable it when you want?? That wouldnt be so bad

Adr3naL1N 28-03-2007 10:44 AM

antilag can be harmful, you dont wanna run it for long periods of time, like most people on here with antilag, its fun at first but the novelty does where off very quickly. If your not gonan do some hardcore racing or drags dont worry bout it, unless you really want it purely for show. With the link if you get antilag its likely you will have to move your air con switch to, mine had to be moved to the the button next to the fog light switch on the rhs.

i got quoted 350 for the hand controller through rms.

Josh 28-03-2007 10:44 AM

Yes it's ON/OFF. People generally do it using the fog light switch on MoTeC. Not sure if this can be done with a Link though.

In all honesty, buy that Autronic for $1700 off Dark Moose. It's a far better buy.

Adr3naL1N 28-03-2007 10:47 AM

[QUOTE=Josh]Yes it's ON/OFF. People generally do it using the fog light switch on MoTeC. Not sure if this can be done with a Link though.

In all honesty, buy that Autronic for $1700 off Dark Moose. It's a far better buy.[/QUOTE]

yeah i had a basic toggle switch next to my foglight button with the link, just a flick on and off to operate.

agreed, buythat autronic, im tempted to buy it, but unsure if i wanna keep my my99 for much longer or just wait til next year and buy an my05

BALISTC 28-03-2007 10:58 AM

With the Link ECU, you need to do the following to turn on anti-lag.

1. Make sure car is off.
2. Flick throttle kicker switch
3. Foot flat to the floor
4. Start car up
5. Remove foot from throttle the moment the car starts.

To turn antilag off, you switch the car off, then flick the throttle kicker switch off.

You cant turn Link antilag on/off at the flick of a switch. However, you can do this with a Motec or Autronic.

Adr3naL1N 28-03-2007 11:06 AM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]With the Link ECU, you need to do the following to turn on anti-lag.

1. Make sure car is off.
2. Flick throttle kicker switch
3. Foot flat to the floor
4. Start car up
5. Remove foot from throttle the moment the car starts.

To turn antilag off, you switch the car off, then flick the throttle kicker switch off.

You cant turn Link antilag on/off at the flick of a switch. However, you can do this with a Motec or Autronic.[/QUOTE]

are you sure joe? is this for all wrx models? mine operated by just the flick of the switch with the car on.