Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Link Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/link-discussion/)
-   -   Links ECU (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/link-discussion/11279-links-engine-control-unit.html)

wrx_diamond 28-03-2007 12:45 PM

[QUOTE=Hurtenstein]1700 is just for the autronic unit, not for install and tune. is the price you got quoted for the link including install and tune?[/QUOTE]

Yeh $2200 for the LINKS ECU to be installed and dyno tuned! Alex said it can give you a minimum of an extra 30kw just on a stock wrx but i have a FMIC, TBE, Getting a turb and silicon intake pipe also EBC all installed at the same time so hopefully i should be pulling some numbers, not expecting it to be to high but hopefully have a quick wrx! This should be within the next month!!!

Yeah 28-03-2007 02:28 PM

A Link G3 is the same price as the Autronic at the moment,
never tried that so i dont know how its going tho..

mrclubspecevo4 29-03-2007 07:58 AM

I have had my link for about 3 years now. It was intially given a base/street tune and ran well although it was very rich and blew heaps of black crap out the exhaust. Got it dyno tuned a week later and sorted that issue.

Car made 150kw atw after link as opposed to 102kw atw prior on the same dyno dynamics roller dyno.

On start-up you flick ignition to on wait for a click and then fire the car up.
Have had no pros with the link as the car is stock with only an exhaust.

For me it does the job and $2200 sound quite reasonable. Resolution (the ability to fine tune the ecu and more points) may not be as high as the other brands but it depends on what you want.
My shopping list was more power/response
Tunerbility (as you could not tune the stock ecu at that time)
Cost.

Did not want to spend over $3k for Autronic or Motec or run anti-lag as it served no purpose to me for a street car and would shorten the life of some parts.

I was offered the link at a good price and the rest is history.

As for flames,
Tristan AKA WRXOTIC would disagree with link not making good flames, his car would shoot 1 metre long ones on request.

Go on, join the link club.

Toni

tuna 29-03-2007 09:48 AM

overall the link G3 is a better product then the autronic sm4, more features & resolution

the link G1 on the other hand is rubbish for the price, its on par with wolf 3d for features/resolution and is a downgrade in resolution from the standard ecu.

Ethos 29-03-2007 08:53 PM

anyone had Link G3 installed in their car?

POLARBEAR666 29-03-2007 09:16 PM

Link is quick easy and does the job. Never have to worry about it breaking down like Autronics do sometimes (the ecu just dies).

Its all in the tune . If you get a good 10 row link tune then its all good. Idle can be a little dodgey sometimes but once your car has rolled out of the garage its all good.

Well worth the money if you want total control.

Having said that I would get Verso if it was a non gc8 car. Verso isnt available for GC8 so just get a link.

Hand controller has saved me on many times by telling me about problems and allowing me to set rev limits that are super low when i give workshops the keys.

Yeah 29-03-2007 09:44 PM

[QUOTE=Ethos]anyone had Link G3 installed in their car?[/QUOTE]

Spoke wit Alex at RMS last week, if im not wrong the Link G3 had gone
into some 03 model. There is no G3 for gc :mad:

WRXTASY 29-03-2007 09:47 PM

[QUOTE=joey89]Yeah the links idel are pretty shocking only down fall

But nothing to lose sleep over![/QUOTE]
Joey, if your idle is crap bring ya Link around here and we will sort it out. I too had problems initially after a RMS street tune, found a nice hint on the MRT website and had no problems whatso-ever after that. I will try to dig it out. :)

Its all in the tune.

J

WRXTASY 29-03-2007 09:58 PM

wrx diamond.....

Don't bother with Anti-Lag on the PossumLink as you will loose too much fuel and ignition resolution in the maps.

$2200 for a brand new PossumLink install + dyno time hey ? Hmmm.
They do pop up every now and then for $700 ish second hand which is great value for money and a couple of hours dyno time would not cost the $1500 differance.

If I was buying brand new I would seriously look into getting a PowerFC for a 99/00 WRX. These go for around $900 new and are a superior ECU with a nice handcontroller included. Get Sean at ASG to tune it and you will be laughing.

J

POLARBEAR666 29-03-2007 10:01 PM

Power FC is definitely a good choice..... cheap too.