Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Motorsport > Local Motorsport
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

gazlaz at standard level

just saw this, think I'll come have a go :P

What preparations should be done? Have heard fullish fuel tank to stop any fuel surges, what kind of tyre pressures?

First time doing something like this
Old 26-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Yeah, 3/4 tank and upward. I personally know the results of 1/2 a tank and less and it isn't all that fun.

In short, I don't think tyre pressures would be too important tomorrow. Not only coz it's all a bit of fun, but also because it will be quite a hot day and so I would imagine the pressure would naturally go up a few PSI due to the heat of the day and the soak in the track surface. Having said that, going up a couple of PSI from your road-going pressures is generally recommended when doing motorsport.

It's all personal preference, but as a guide, 36-40psi. Higher at the rear should result in a little more slide e.g. 36 F, 38 R.

Otherwise you don't need anything special.
Old 17-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

It's been a good couple of weeks since this happened.

Thanks to all that came down. It was a really successful day in terms of getting new people to check it out. It was so busy at the start of the day that even with two courses on a skid pan bigger than RAC, we still had people coming off and only just getting their tail out the way of the finishing garages - it was too chockas to move anywhere else!
Obviously that problem faded as the day went on and people left for various reasons.

Well done to the people that got out there and gave their rex a thrash! Don't worry it's a sports car - it was designed for it.

I've put up a vid. There wasn't heaps of footage to choose from so I did my best.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZVkm_4Qds4

Round 1 details are on the big motorkhana page here. Note that you need to mail in your entry form to compete this time - and by next Wednesday, too.
http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/showthre...ght=motorkhana

Hope you had fun and any feedback is appreciated. I'll send it on to Dave the organiser.
Old 17-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

GTB Liberty is a guruGTB Liberty is a guru

Many LOLs at the video.

Tags
day, motorkhana