Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Motorsport > Local Motorsport
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2011, 08:50 AM
STI Master

CDR RA at standard level
Default Targa Tarmac Rally Discussion

Hey crew,

just thought I would launch a general thread for discussion of all things Targa and Tarmac rally and get it going by the recent announcement by Targa West (not surprisingly) to adopt the "Australian Targa Championship" (Octagon) rules.

Hopefulyl a good area for discussion on who is building what and what events you are planning to get to and any technical discusssion.

So for all those people prepping cars, maybe have a read of the 2011 supp regs for Targa Tas for some indication of where its heading. (see link below)

I think its good news all round for the future of tarmac rally. Maybe not such good news for people with cars built to the old tarmac rally regs, but long term having everyone on the same ste of regs is a good thing for the competitiors looking to do some of the east coats stuff. I would have thought it will certainly help Targa West numbers a little. As it stood I hadnt bothered with Targa West with my old car as it was primarily built to go east. Now it should be a very good thing for TW and if I still had it I would have given it a crack.

http://targa.businesscatalyst.com/Li....aspx?ID=86626

TO: All QTW Competitors
RE: TECHNICAL REGULATIONS

Following on from our call for input from competitors regarding narrowing the gap between the CAMS Australian Targa Championship Technical Regulations and the current CAMS Tarmac Rally Technical Regulations used by QUIT Targa West we hereby advise, subject to CAMS Approval, our intention to allow vehicles that are eligible under the CAMS Australian Targa Championship Technical Regulations to participate in QUIT Targa West 2011. All Safety Items will be required to meet the CAMS Standards. Open top cars will not be allowed.

We welcome input or comments from all competitors, please email to info@targawest.com.au

Regards
Ross Tapper
496 CI Injected Big Block. Carbon positive???

Last edited by CDR RA; 03-07-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Tags
discussion, rally, targa, tarmac