Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Motorsport > Local Motorsport
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree155Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-08-2012, 07:55 AM
Sir AntiLag

mad_dog153 at standard level

I saw the last hour or so of the riverside drive run, was near the carpark at the end, highlights for me were the mirror 35gtr, that things insane. And thr blue
Peanut, he was getting more drift time than any of thr other cars in the car park. Anyone know who it was?!
Old 20-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

The blue peanut with Camera Car stickers was Doug from STechnic. He chases cars up the course filming them. Great job! Looks like a lot of fun! Except when you come unstuck chasing another WRX up the Malaga Super Stage, hey Doug
Old 20-08-2012, 08:12 AM

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

They showed some of the footage at dinner last night - nothing to do with Doug, but the positioning of the camera was a bit meh.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 20-08-2012, 08:16 AM

RichX knows their stuff

Malaga was great, hope they do it again next year.
Old 20-08-2012, 08:21 AM

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus View Post
I dont think there are anymore than normal. The gravel hasnt been too bad. Jester has done a great a job of putting bollards on all the apex's of the corners so you cant cut the corners.

The gravel was worst on the zig zag but that was our best stage so we are not complaining....

There have been more mechanicals than normal i think.

There have also been a lot of penalties dished out for indescretions in speed zones, exceeding 200kph. If you ask me it is all to complicated and there has to be a better way.

Brendon
Sorry to hear Brendon...I wondered where you disappeared to.

I was with MMS servicing Beerens and Parker...overall they had a good event for their first try....a bit of a spin on Friday on Kalamunda 2, then the unfortunate topple on Coondle West....basically it stepped out coming uphill to a left 3 and unfortunately slid into the kerb which put the car on its roof...so most of the speed was washed off by then. The car was back on its feet when we got there....we had to pull the left rear guard out off the wheel, unbend the passenger door and bonnet a bit, clean up some oil spilt from the catch can and put tape across the cracked screen...the scrutineer then let them continue. The car started first go, blew out some smoke from being inverted, then was OK. Only 1 stage missed (due to the Timberden cancellation), so all OK.
The main thing is that the two Chris's were OK and still in good spirits..
Kato, ImPreSiV, RUSSGT and 3 others like this.

Last edited by nauli; 20-08-2012 at 08:38 AM.
Old 20-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Sir AntiLag

mad_dog153 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV View Post
The blue peanut with Camera Car stickers was Doug from STechnic. He chases cars up the course filming them. Great job! Looks like a lot of fun! Except when you come unstuck chasing another WRX up the Malaga Super Stage, hey Doug

Ahh I thought it was Doug!
Old 20-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV View Post

That's me done and dusted. Might try and enter the competition, if I can find a couple of pictures worth entering
Just started to go through mine, got a few to go up here later today. Comp wise, from previous history, the ones that get the most votes involves a car in some sort of carnage. I got one of those, but not a great angle, but this isn't a good thing, after all the hard work that goes in, the last thing you want is for a car to go off and end the event there.

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/

Last edited by Jeckle; 20-08-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: correctness
Old 20-08-2012, 10:19 AM
Sign me up!
Subaru Tech Division

Jeckle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrally View Post
That cop car shadowed me all the way to Highlands, temporary 80km/h speed sign with no end sign meant I was late getting to the stage.

Burke, Damo's car is running great. In hindsight we shouldn't have stuffed around and spent a fortune trying to make a 308 into a good thing, instead just use a LS 6 litre (which we had already) and wait for the rules to catch up or not worry about the rules. It just hasn't got the power to match the bigger engined cars on the fast stages.

Edit; Someone's having a go at the organisers on the FB site about the EVO crash. It's not my place to reply there but here's my take on it.

1/ Warning triangles are rallying's equivalent of a yellow flag (the triangles were definately clearly displayed) If you crash at any circuit under yellows you'll be in front of the stewards.

2/ The corner is in the road book as a 'black spot'

3/ The course cars had already erected an additional caution board at that corner.
So you wouldn't have made it in the first place

pity about the power but it looked and sounded awesome.

and agree on the remainder, this isn't track racing, its rally, and there are no safety cars. Had there been an injury and the SOS boards were shown then it would have been different, and the rally safe system is part and parcel with this.

Straight roads are for fast cars, twisty roads are for fast drivers. I have or am neither.

http://tttmsp.smugmug.com/
Old 20-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay View Post
They showed some of the footage at dinner last night - nothing to do with Doug, but the positioning of the camera was a bit meh.
I've wondered about this.
Why bother getting someone to be a camera car when the intent is to just stick a Bullet-spec camera on it… off-centre… I mean TJ as you say, the result is very average.
I say load him up with an IMAX-film twice-HD-resolution movie camera, mounted on a remote arm!!
RUSSGT and XT43 like this.
Old 20-08-2012, 10:55 AM
STI Master

CDR RA at standard level

Well, got down to Riverside Dve yesterday arvo for a quick look. Some really nicely turned out cars. Congrats to all the finishers. Special mention to Jamie and Mandy and crew who did a top job getting the EMO home in second place. Seems they drove a really smart race and drove really consistent times and didnt succumb to the pressure being applied by other front runners. Top drive by Franz and co in the emo X. Stewie and ML did well in their respective dak daks....maybe time to get an evo if you want to advance any further. Top job by Chris Beerens to to get back on the horse after his little whoopsie. In car shows how quickly and easily it goes from right to wrong. Commiserations to those that suffered mech fail. Gutting way to go out.

Off to the shed this arvo to get started on the build
FranZ, teejay, RUSSGT and 2 others like this.
496 CI Injected Big Block. Carbon positive???

Tags
2012, targa, west