Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-02-2007, 07:22 AM
STI Master

maddog at standard level
Default Endless Pads...

Doing some homework on Endless pads after Balistic got me interested...

Anyone got any feedback on specific Endless pads? Especially the N35s and how they work with DBA rotors.
Like to keep it to Endless Pads and only if you have used them, not your mates Ferodo/Pagid or other makes etc.

What have they for 4 Spot MY99 Calipers? Prices?

Looking at the some impressive Specs for the N35S:
* Heat range 300 – 800oC
* Friction value 0.42 – 0.52
Might be a bit aggressive on rotors when cold but on paper they kick ass and take lunch money. Who has used them?
Old 22-02-2007, 08:05 AM
www.dilettante.net

EXPLICIT at standard level
Send a message via MSN to EXPLICIT

Morgs, i had some in the wagon, which Guiseppe then put in his bung eye. I can't recall the type, but out of all the mc stuff i did at the time these worked best. With dba 5000's, but im buggered if i can remember which type i had.
Old 22-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

I've still got them in there ha ha!

As Jme said, I bought them a few years ago off him with around 95% meat left on them...for about 1/6th the price of a new set (Thanks Paluch!).

As of right now, they are almost completely fuxored, but they worked extremely well when they had plenty of meat on them for the last couple of years. They are Endless NA-M, which they dont make anymore...not sure what the new equivalent Endless pad is.

Stop well on the street, and at MC. I've never cooked them, even after a whole day of constant hammering on the track, and they work well when cold, with one decent push on the pedal getting enough heat into them to get them working 100%.

They arent noisy pads either, and make very little brake dust. The only downside is, the rotors are toast.

Morgan, what was the reason you said you didnt like Endless pads? I find it a bit hard to believe, because I've had nothing but good experience with them...and I wont hesitate to replace them with another set of Endless pads

Last edited by BALISTC; 22-02-2007 at 08:38 AM.
Old 22-02-2007, 05:58 PM
STI Master

maddog at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALISTC
Morgan, what was the reason you said you didnt like Endless pads? I find it a bit hard to believe, because I've had nothing but good experience with them...and I wont hesitate to replace them with another set of Endless pads
Joe, I never said I don't like them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog
Yep second what Brendon said.
For an economical option for non track applications add Bendix Ultimates. Not a fan of Endless products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog
Have a look at the summary from DBA Steve:
MRT's DBA Brake Clinic

I use and trust Pagid Blue RS-42 pads with DBA rotors, they are tested and have compatible metallurgy as confirmed by numerous sources.i.e. Phillip Joseph the MD of DBA/MRT/Possum Bourne and even my Mum thinks they are pretty bloody good
It will take a few dozen similar testimonials regarding Endless pads and DBA Rotors before I become a fan.
Merely not a fan, it's a big difference. However...one or 2 searches later,
low and behold...
Testimonials....
Still a few other issues to cover like cost and compatibility with the DBA metallurgy. As you know pads need to match the type of rotor used or it's Chernobyl for the loser.
It's sad, but I got a little excited reading the friction coefficients of the N45S... 0.48 – 0.55

Tags
endless, pads