Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Mister Two at standard level

If you really want a splitter get one welded into your bell mouth dump pipe. I wouldnt recommmend one of those "gasket splitters" though. Or just stick with your bell mouth setup. Its still a good setup and is at least proven reliable. The difference up the top end would be less then 5kw I reckon with a splittler welded in.
Old 22-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Strubaru knows their stuff

i find with my bell-mouth dump pipe that when i'm fully into it and flat changing from 1 to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd i get a bit of a cough between gear changes (vf-22 at 17psi) and i'm sure this is caused by the turbulence from the wastgate gases, there may be a group buy happening on gtrydaz for these splitter gaskets but more designed for a bell mouth rather than a divorced dump as pictured above

i'll keep you guys posted when the man with the plan (PMD) gets it off the ground, he's done heaps of custom metal work and quality is never an issue

the gtrydaz gasket splitter will also have the splitter protruding into the bell-mouth aswell as into the exhaust housing on the turbo, which wshould be more helpful too
Old 24-05-2007, 01:34 AM
STI Master

feral at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strubaru
i find with my bell-mouth dump pipe that when i'm fully into it and flat changing from 1 to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd i get a bit of a cough between gear changes (vf-22 at 17psi) and i'm sure this is caused by the turbulence from the wastgate gases, there may be a group buy happening on gtrydaz for these splitter gaskets but more designed for a bell mouth rather than a divorced dump as pictured above

i'll keep you guys posted when the man with the plan (PMD) gets it off the ground, he's done heaps of custom metal work and quality is never an issue

the gtrydaz gasket splitter will also have the splitter protruding into the bell-mouth aswell as into the exhaust housing on the turbo, which wshould be more helpful too
cool eh keep us in the loop

Tags
gasket, splitter