Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Sign me up!
Small snail syndrome

Wozzernux at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to Wozzernux
Default Broken headlight (RHS) on MY00

Hi folks. Picked up an MY00 WRX back in April and I joined up here shortly afterwards.

Earlier this evening I was driving home and the vehicle in front of me flicked up a stone which has hit my right headlight, breaking the glass. Was travelling at 80kph when the stone hit, the resulting broken glass bounced up my windscreen and has left some small chips in it.

Don't mind the chipped front bar and rusty stone chip on the corner of the bonnet, it's a seven year old car and I didn't expect it to be immaculate when I bought it.

As you can see, the headlight is completely fucked but the light still works (a small victory). Obviously I'm not going to be driving it until I get the headlight replaced, been some wet weather here this week and I'm not taking any chances with moisture getting in there.

Anyone here in Perth who might know where I can obtain an MY00 right hand side headlight on short notice? Does anybody happen to have a spare one lying around? I'll bloody come and buy it from you! I'm not particularly after a brand new one, Subaru parts would charge me an arm and a leg anyway. I'm down in Rockingham, I'll be checking out local wreckers on Saturday but I'm not confident that I'll find anything useful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Lance

Last edited by Wozzernux; 13-09-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old 13-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Sir AntiLag

Chaddy at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Chaddy

PM Jester... i went through the same with my right headlight bout a month ago. He can some non genuine ones that look pretty much the same for $200ea
Old 14-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

Seal it with that clear book covering see through shit in the meantime.....should help to keep some moisture out.

Tags
broken, headlight, my00, rhs