Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   ordered a turbo from the states.. experiences? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/15240-ordered-turbo-states-experiences.html)

madmax 20-09-2007 10:13 PM

ordered a turbo from the states.. experiences?

went through all the usual channels, then decided on ordering from the good 'ol US of A.

Getting to almost a week later and the guy hasn't even sent it off yet. Probably first and last time I order from deadbolt enterprises. Anyone have any positive/negative experiences when ordering from over there?

joshg123 20-09-2007 10:18 PM

Read : Drop shipper.

You will find he wont post it for a while, usual story with smaller ebay style shops.

Ive never had a problem buying things from USA, just gotta email them personally first, get the vibe so to speak, speak to other people that have bought from them before. ect ect

Josh

97RA 20-09-2007 10:23 PM

I have dealt with JB Performance ([url]www.jbperformanceusa.com[/url]) and had great pricing, service and delivery. Couldn't ask for better.

vyper 20-09-2007 10:33 PM

FP are the worst people to deal with post sale.

You will get your quote and invoice within 2 days. Good luck seeing the turbo for the next two months.

madmax 21-09-2007 09:27 AM

haha, yeh i did read about fp... i was debating getting the green direct from the states but after reading a few different forums, decided against it.

in regards to my issue.. after i posted in his vendor thread, he emailed me MANY times, replied to me on the forum, gave me all the details, his life story and a million apologies and the item is sent.

Now, just gotta wait for it to come through.

vyper 21-09-2007 05:09 PM

[QUOTE=madmax]haha, yeh i did read about fp... i was debating getting the green direct from the states but after reading a few different forums, decided against it.

in regards to my issue.. after i posted in his vendor thread, he emailed me MANY times, replied to me on the forum, gave me all the details, his life story and a million apologies and the item is sent.

Now, just gotta wait for it to come through.[/QUOTE]

Troy @ PSR ([url]www.prospeedracing.com.au[/url]) has an FPG in stock atm I believe. PM T-Rexx or email/call him - Details on website.

TUNEDWRX 21-09-2007 05:25 PM

I highly recommend dealing with prospeedracing.com.au

IMPRESHER 21-09-2007 06:02 PM

[QUOTE=vyper]Troy @ PSR ([url]www.prospeedracing.com.au[/url]) has an FPG in stock atm I believe. PM T-Rexx or email/call him - Details on website.[/QUOTE]

Last 2 - 1 for me and leaves 1 and thats taken or under offer ...

madmax 21-09-2007 06:13 PM

i debated the green, but quite a few guys over east are running them... and noone had anything good to say about their customer service, so i went to a new option.

with the one i bought, i get free rebuilds for life.. sure, it'll cost me around $120 to get it delivered to and fro, but it's still a terrific bonus considering what i ended up picking it up for anyway...
from the reading i've done, it'll produce quite a bit more power than the green too, but we'll see if that's true.. gotta run the engine in, then open it up after 5000 clicks - which will take a little while.

maddog 22-09-2007 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=madmax]went through all the usual channels, then decided on ordering from the good 'ol US of A.

Getting to almost a week later and the guy hasn't even sent it off yet. Probably first and last time I order from deadbolt enterprises. Anyone have any positive/negative experiences when ordering from over there?[/QUOTE]
You should not have any problems dealing with Jerry. Deadbolt are well respected albeit a bit slow off the mark sending things. My Deadbolt "Monster TD04" Hiflowed Ceramic Coated with Monster Wastegate TD04 Housings arrived in good time with a free overhaul kit to boot. Jerry was very helpful and knowledgeable with any technical questions as well. That little Monster is still punching a 12.8 qtr mile. :D Relax it will arrive.

Love the way people who have never dealt with Deadbolt wade in to dish the shit. Yeah small ebay shop...[URL=http://www.boostplanet.com/]Deadbolt Enterprises[/URL]