Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Perrin rotated turbo kits (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/16057-perrin-rotated-turbo-kits.html)

vyper 31-10-2007 09:30 AM

[QUOTE=trainwrex]And sleeves....

cost around 8gs...[/QUOTE]

Pistons, rods, rings and sleeves + labour = $8k.

Then the engine comes apart every 30 000km or so? Replacement parts also, or mainly labour? Another $4k or so there?

trainwrex 31-10-2007 10:21 AM

[QUOTE=vyper]Pistons, rods, rings and sleeves + labour = $8k.

Then the engine comes apart every 30 000km or so? Replacement parts also, or mainly labour? Another $4k or so there?[/QUOTE]

It all depends how u drive it, it could last 50k or 100ks before it needs to be rebuilt...

But a freshen up would mean take out the engine maybe change pistons, give the bores a skim and thats about it... 4gs would cover it i would think fairly easily...

Huy 31-10-2007 10:27 AM

Luca, don't be cheap. Do eet all!!

BALISTC 31-10-2007 10:36 AM

If you're going to go full house on the block i.e. sleeves and all, might as well go cams too :)

trainwrex 31-10-2007 10:47 AM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]If you're going to go full house on the block i.e. sleeves and all, might as well go cams too :)[/QUOTE]

i got sucked in joe.... :D whats another 4gs hahahah

DarkMoose 31-10-2007 12:06 PM

Or just buy a ej207 :D:D:D

WRXRW 31-10-2007 12:53 PM

all this talk about sleeves and collars, one too many metro in pdiddy!

seriously, you want to waste your money pm me, im the local president of that club and i can help with your wasted needs (no wait, makes me sound like a dealer!!)

easy lesson to be had here, don't listen to internet guru's, they always steer you in the wrong direction, half the time they are, myself included, clueless! you want to be serious, sit down with your trusted workshop and come up with an engine/driveline combination that better suits your driving needs and bragging rights.

trainwrex 31-10-2007 12:58 PM

[QUOTE=WRXRW]all this talk about sleeves and collars, one too many metro in pdiddy!

seriously, you want to waste your money pm me, im the local president of that club and i can help with your wasted needs (no wait, makes me sound like a dealer!!)

easy lesson to be had here, don't listen to internet guru's, they always steer you in the wrong direction, half the time they are, myself included, clueless! you want to be serious, sit down with your trusted workshop and come up with an engine/driveline combination that better suits your driving needs and bragging rights.[/QUOTE]

hahah is this a comment because u dont have any sleeves brutha :D

WRXRW 31-10-2007 01:03 PM

no because i simply refuse to give out advise on how to spend other peoples money when i myself have no fuckin idea what im on about!! much the same as the rest of you lot!

don't need sleeves when your a bogan, rolled up flanno!!

trainwrex 31-10-2007 01:10 PM

[QUOTE=WRXRW]no because i simply refuse to give out advise on how to spend other peoples money when i myself have no fuckin idea what im on about!! much the same as the rest of you lot!

don't need sleeves when your a bogan, rolled up flanno!![/QUOTE]

advice is taken with a pinch of salt... but u need ideas to which to have a clue on what u think is appropriate for your requirements..

your not spending their money they make the choice whether to do something or not...