Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   Perrin rotated turbo kits (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/16057-perrin-rotated-turbo-kits.html)

WRXRW 31-10-2007 02:35 PM

that fuckin bird! he flys over my shoulder everyday too! more crow than birdie though! "CAR CAR CAR"

look i don't regret anything i have ever done and i do what i do for all the reason you yourself speak off. i personally want to build the best wrx that there has ever been....well at least in my eyes.

i don't think the internet is the problem though, its the friendships you garnish because of it, forever egging you on and on for more and more! that's the pure evil there! and what's a bit of friendly rivalry to really get things moving!

again to lucas, just be careful, a turbo upgrade and the other mods your contemplating will lead you down this very path we are speaking off! don't be scared, but at least be warned of what to expect!

crows and empty wallets!

WRXRW 31-10-2007 02:37 PM

hahaha good one joe!

i bet you got an up-to-date mod list in a word document sitting on your desktop waiting for the chance to post it when someone eventually does ask!!

Josh 31-10-2007 02:42 PM

so joe what mods did you have to run 12.74 again? :P

sleepy 31-10-2007 02:48 PM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]I do it for me rather than the attention of others...I bet most don't even know what I've done to my car, because I hardly talk about it :)[/QUOTE]
I just check your sig, thats enough info for me :D

BALISTC 31-10-2007 02:57 PM

[QUOTE=WRXRW]hahaha good one joe!

i bet you got an up-to-date mod list in a word document sitting on your desktop waiting for the chance to post it when someone eventually does ask!![/QUOTE]

Nope :)

[QUOTE=Josh]so joe what mods did you have to run 12.74 again? :P[/QUOTE]

Completely stock!!

vyper 31-10-2007 04:00 PM

[QUOTE=WRXRW]

again to lucas, just be careful, a turbo upgrade and the other mods your contemplating will lead you down this very path we are speaking off! don't be scared, but at least be warned of what to expect!

crows and empty wallets![/QUOTE]

Thanks Ramon - I understand this. From a small hobby, I am getting dragged down this path and it is an addiction.

Just to clarify though, its not for anyone else, not for credit of any sort and definately not for a status. It's for me and what I want to get out of the car. Initially I had hesitated about putting up my dyno plot following the last round of mods, but at the end of the day, if it has helped one person in making choices for their own car, then I am happy.

What I do and what I hope to achieve out of the car is my own business and for my own personal reasons, not for the sake of being known as the fastest, the most expensive or the best looking sti in Perth, because frankly, I'm nowhere near the top and don't plan to be.

vyper 31-10-2007 04:05 PM

[QUOTE=WRXRW] get yourself a real car that doesn't need anything done to it. [/QUOTE]

Have to agree with Joe on this one.

Breakdowns have a plus too - Working on my own car brings a sense of accomplishment and enjoyment.

Even if money permitted, I'd still choose an STi over a Superleggera at the moment - Two completely different cars for totally different purposes. When it's time to start dropping the blue pills, then it's time for something of the sort :D

trainwrex 31-10-2007 04:13 PM

Luca, i think that its about helping others that may want to travel the path least travelled rather than an attention seeking process. Well thats my take anyway.. If you can show ppl what u have done then others can assess whether that is right for them.

Secondly if something dosent turn out like expected then this can also be outlayed to the wider community so they dont make the same mistake...

But what has been said and ive re-iterated, like ramon just make sure u dont expect too much as when u do it rarely turns out to be straight forward...

And yes that fucking bird never wants to go away, iv given into the build and now heads and cams.. but atm its telling me 40R 40R just do it...

WRXRW 31-10-2007 04:19 PM

one expensive hobby we got going on here boys!!

beats model train sets anyday!

heads and cams too? what u end up getting tinstar

WRXRW 31-10-2007 04:25 PM

[QUOTE=vyper] getting dragged down this path and it is an addiction.

What I do and what I hope to achieve out of the car is my own business[/QUOTE]

well least your on step 1 "We admitted we were powerless over our addiction" of the 12 steps to sobriety, strength and serenity!

second part sounds interesting, care to eleborate?