Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-12-2008, 11:42 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco

I can adjust your tps if needed (shouldn't need to unless you've played with it though!)
[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 21-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Subaru Tech Division

impreza_GT at standard level

do you have your aircon on lol?
Old 21-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by blommer
Also if it's AFM, the idle will be more erractic, i know how it is like cos it happened to me before..

went for the painful option of getting a brand new subaru afm sensor although i do have a z32 afm and power fc collecting dust in the garage.. no time as well as no tuners available, hence forced me to this painful option..

Be cautious not to dismiss your AFM. While mine is a different design to yours, i believe my AFM to be dieing intermittently at the moment and the idle is fine. The driveability is fine - It's just when on full power up top that it jerks badly.

Hope you get it fixed..h
Old 22-12-2008, 01:10 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

blommer at standard level

think the problem solved by itself after taking out the negative terminal on the battery....

ross came wif his expensive obd2 scanner and tested for cels... to no avail. everything was good, afm, o2 senor, injectors etc all did well.

last resort, reset the ecu for 15mins in an old fashion way... unplug the -ve terminal and wait and wait and wait..

once the baby was fired up, it seemed to run fine, tap the throttle and no dramas. turned on the aircon and the idle went slightly up in response. gosh wad a miracle.

took it out for a test drive and gave it good boost, rpm doesn't go all the way down to the brink of stalling.

Solution: i sprayed the shiet out of the idle control valve sensor with the upper engine cleaner and had it dried and wiped off the excess. put it back on and resetted the ecu via the MRT way (2 connectors below steering column). this did not essentially reset everything.
the only way to do so was to disconnect the battery and deprive all things of power. this was the old-fashion reset which made the ecu learn that the idle control valve is very clean now and not send the intermittent signal as before when it was filled with blowby oils, gums and carbon.

guess this issue is sorted out now.. for now. cant run my car w/o the "read" diagnostic cable connected. this is seriously 1 hell of an ecu problem... pls let the holidays end soon so i can tune my car wif my power fc and a z32 afm.. PLS PLS PLS
Old 22-12-2008, 01:13 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

blommer at standard level

last but not lease.. GREAT THANKS TO ROSS aka Legacy RS.. for coming all the way down to my aid. really great person especially when u r at ur wits end and there is some1 willing to lend a helping hand and coming to ur aid.

Appreciate loads for ur help and suggestions man. rescued a scoobie noobie today.

Tags
gc8, idle, my00, prob