Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 10:36 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

woobla at standard level

I agree, no point trying to habib your car with blocking pipes and the like.. What if you block the wrong one?.
Removing the silencer (aka snorkus) albeit a pain in the A, was sufficient for me. Only running stock boost anyway. I am not a big ricer fanboi but if I were I would only get one while running higher psi. I have heard that the stock one though is one of the best.

I had an after market bov back in my ricer days on a R33. All it did due to it not being plum back was make my car run rich. Besides old MR Plod loves BOV because that's about the only thing a normal copper can see when he opens your bonnet. A few friends in the force refer to them as canary magnet.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:31 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Yussyswrx at standard level

yeh , im buying a vee port turbosmart just waiting for the adapter to arrive...........
also doin the CAI at the same time. can i get rid if the AFM???? or do i hgave to tune?
Old 11-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Sir AntiLag

tropikal at standard level

You will need a computer first. One that has a map sensor to bypass the AFM, You might as well upgrade everything first .. Dont tamper with the AFM they are not cheap for 97/98' s , Try get a Plum Back BOV my opinion.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:38 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

woobla at standard level

From what I have been told from other wrx members on here and rexnet (I am scoobie noobie too) you don't need a tune for a pod or cai. The older shaped WRX can adapt like the borg (if your a star trek fan ). I am not sure why you would bother removing the AFM, on my R33 all pod filters attached to the original port with AFM. I am a bit hesitant to go about removing bits and pieces that the manufacturer has deemed as required for smooth running of the car. I mean its not a bit of extra air pipe your talking about, but removing an electronic component. Most of the pods bolt on to it so why remove it?
Old 12-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Sir AntiLag

Subafury at standard level

whats the best way to fit an aftermarket bov to one of these 1997 wrx's? ive seen the bov adapter(t piece) pipes on ebay but they look too long to fit in there easily. what has anyone else done?

else i might have to wait till i go front mount......should make things easier
Old 12-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Sir AntiLag

tropikal at standard level

Depends on BOV, For my gfb type two, just clamped on when i removed the stock one. It was Plumb back so direct fit. But yeah if you were to go front mount, just wait till then.

Tags
97, bov, gc8, stock, then who was phone?