Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   So.. you want your built EJ257 to last? Look here.. (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/37903-so-you-want-your-built-ej257-last-look-here.html)

BOMB3R 21-10-2010 12:14 PM

[QUOTE=Jimmy S;503650]No matter what you do to the motor... Can't help poor driving ability! ;)

Stick to the Holden Combo Cuz! :p[/QUOTE]
hahahaha Jimmy at least you'll be a great teacher for your daughter when she goes for her license. She'll be an expert parker when you're finished with her.

American Dave 21-10-2010 12:17 PM

ouch

Zeratul909 23-10-2010 01:27 PM

You guys are scaring the crap outta me.

My MY06 STi is getting put on a truck to Perth in the next few weeks to be worked on with around the 333hp atw mark. I've spoken to different workshops for months (Allstar, Racetorque, Maximum Motorsport) and there all saying with a good tune this is a safe figure to work with with stock interals etc.

I'm getting paranoid now

stinga 23-10-2010 01:32 PM

330 horses at the hubs, I would be worried too....
Do you really need that much, tbh 280 odd is still pretty lively and I would hazard to say safeish. If you want to go fast put some cash into driver training (this is the cheapest option and you will be able to drive faster than just with a power upgrade imo) Then do handling and brakes, I was surprised at a what decent set up did to my driving.
Al

Disclaimer - yes i still drive like shit:)

Zeratul909 23-10-2010 01:40 PM

Yeah thats all on Allstars roller dyno I think. Is it roller? or the other, I cant remeber, the one that gives higher figrues than the others like Maxmium motorsports which is more accurate?. And yeah, there all saying "Yeah thats ok, but any further and then you ened to move into internals.

Ive got all my breaks and handling stuff lined up, coilovers, pads, rotors, swaybars and tyres etc. So I'm focusing on the my goal of 250kw (333hp) atw which I've always wanted.

So far I'm being told Avo turbo, HKS fmic, injectors, fuel pump, colder plugs, new tune and a few other things I cant remeber off the top of my head.

Any thoughts?

P.s. I'm current at 275hp on Allstars dyno

V3 RA 23-10-2010 03:20 PM

[QUOTE=Zeratul909;504486]Yeah thats all on Allstars roller dyno I think. Is it roller? or the other, I cant remeber, the one that gives higher figrues than the others like Maxmium motorsports which is more accurate?. And yeah, there all saying "Yeah thats ok, but any further and then you ened to move into internals.

Ive got all my breaks and handling stuff lined up, coilovers, pads, rotors, swaybars and tyres etc. So I'm focusing on the my goal of 250kw (333hp) atw which I've always wanted.

So far I'm being told Avo turbo, HKS fmic, injectors, fuel pump, colder plugs, new tune and a few other things I cant remeber off the top of my head.

Any thoughts?

P.s. I'm current at 275hp on Allstars dyno[/QUOTE]

ASG have a hub dyno, i would assume it reads higher than roller dynos as there is no chance of wheelspin etc. As for which is more accurate, there are too many variables.

A dyno figure is just a guage of what a car can do at that exact time under those exact conditions.

stinga 23-10-2010 04:45 PM

[QUOTE=Zeratul909;504486]So I'm focusing on the my goal of 250kw (333hp) atw which I've always wanted.
[/QUOTE]
Hope your got deep pockets then, Jaron what HP were you putting out when yours went pop? And wasn't that with Cosworth goodies inside it?

mARC 23-10-2010 04:59 PM

subscribed, notice how Joe managed to squeeze a 5,000 reference into his first post :D 'he was priming up ;)'

BoxorBeast 23-10-2010 05:44 PM

[QUOTE=stinga;504518]Hope your got deep pockets then, Jaron what HP were you putting out when yours went pop? And wasn't that with Cosworth goodies inside it?[/QUOTE]

365 I beleive and it does have ALOT of cosworth goodies inside but still managed to pop =( feel sorry for new owner

I was doing only 280 on my 2.5 and it still died

Zeratul909 24-10-2010 10:47 AM

Well then its definatly going on hold untill I do more research then :/ haha