Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2011, 12:49 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

WRXMatt at standard level
Default WRX Suspension Knocking Noise

Hey, i have a 2004 WRX and im getting a knocking noise from the back of my car. When coming to a stop or taking off, i get a knock noise from the back left. Sounds like something is hitting near the suspension. The guy I bought it off a few months ago said something about how the only way to fix this is by buying new Coil Overs.
I was wondering if buying new Springs would fix this? The car has very low springs in it at the moment and has King Springs. If the car was too low could this cause it to knock against something? If i got some H&R Springs that were only 30mm lowered would this make a difference? The ride is very rough with the King Springs.
I read that there was some issue with the 2004 STI's but i couldnt find out how to fix it. Not sure what the actual issue is, and if springs would fix it? Any help would be awesome!!
Thanks
Cobb Air Intake
STI Intercooler

Tags
knocking, noise, suspension, wrx