Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Mechanicals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/)
-   -   coilovers (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/mechanicals/43690-coilovers.html)

[REXPLOIT] 27-07-2011 07:45 PM

[QUOTE=BALISTC;590115]Jord, they'll never last as long as OEM struts.. mine have done 20,000km with no problems, and I'm sure there are plenty of others in the same boat. I've sold a set of replacement dampers to one guy who did 60,000km on HSD's before they wore out.

Ivan Tan and Denver use them in their race WRX, 4 years and counting[/QUOTE]

^ Jordan/Anthony. Mine have been in for 5 years and about 75thou. The only reason they're coming out, are mine, (Pre Joe :D) don't have the ABS and brake line brackets. The models do now. I also have +1 stiffer springs F & R, and they never missed a beat from day one. (Mid 06).

[QUOTE=RichX;590299]HSD's have height and damper adjustment, the HSD's were one of, it not the best mod I have done. The car is just totally different afterwards. Be prepared for some stiffness and a totally different ride and feel to what you are used to![/QUOTE]

^ You wont look back. You'll even learnt to live with/love, the clunks from the pillow rears. The only time personally I find it 'really' noticeable, (yes - when the car was driving before anyone chimes in), was 1st gear tight stuff in carparks. Aside from that, they were perfect.

Even though I'm not going back to them, I would get them again, and plus one for Joe. 60% of the time, he works everytime!

Brent.
:)

Rexxar 27-07-2011 08:30 PM

Coilover and Swaybars best mod ever imo made car soo much better to drive :)

BALISTC 28-07-2011 08:45 AM

Thanks for the props guys.. *HUGS*

Trust me when I say I wouldn't sell these if they were troublesome.. I only continue to provide the service to the Perth car community because they're a "set and forget" product which doesn't require a huge amount of my time chasing problems. If I was constantly fixing problems and warranty issues, I wouldn't be doing it due to my limited time available.

The issues we do have are minor, and normally exist in ANY coilover i.e. pillow ball noise is par for the course when you go from rubber to metal mounts, whether you're copping an STD coilover or a set of DMS 50s. Either way, if there is a problem, I am more than happy to fix it. I can count on one hand the number of coilovers I've had problems with over the 4 or so years I've been selling them, and I've sold 100s of sets!

Stock levels are the issue at the moment.. I'm breaking the distributors balls every day about when these things are going to arrive, as they've been stocked out for a while... but as soon as they do, I'll be updating my thread with how many are available and for what models.

Just to answer some questions:

The HSD struts are inverted, so adjustment is from the bottom. You turn them clockwise when you're looking at the adjuster. So if you're lying under the car (or standing under it on a hoist) looking up at them, they go clockwise for hard and anti-clockwise for soft.

Early sets didn't have brackets for ABS and brake lines, but the ones produced in the last few years have these.. Brent, I can sort out a set of brackets for you cheep cheep, just drop me a PM :)

Mike 28-07-2011 09:01 AM

[QUOTE=Strubaru;589996]yeah have only ever heard good things about HSD's and the after sales service you get from joe is second to none :cool:[/QUOTE]

+1, great service!

RUSSGT 28-07-2011 09:07 AM

Plus he is really good looking!

Thing i dont like about HSD's is the damping on the bottom. Soo much easier on the tops. I like the BC's for this reason. Same price but easier adjustment.