Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

Give me a buzz if you havent got your car started yet. I am in Salter Pt not too far from Parkwood and can zip there to give you a hand. PM sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tris7an View Post
Hey guys as of 830 tonight I've been sitting in my car for two hours as my brant won't work I enter the code but no turn over and I mean nothing no sound at all called roadside assist and as usuall they are useless and don't even know how a brant system works also now when I turn the key off all lights are lit until about fourtie seconds goes by then just the 0 is lit please help as I can't have the car towed because its to low and raising it ATM isn't possible lol I know Brandt's are shit and I am going to have mine removed and ritualistically burnt at the stake but for now need a solution so I can go home lol
Old 05-01-2012, 11:35 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

bryno at standard level

Was the 0 flashing? That means it's in manual arm mode and isn't armed automatically when you turn the car off.

When you turn the ignition off does it enter the exit countdown sequence at all (1 4 7 *)? If it does, hold down 1 to get in to Valet mode then either try to start the car again.. or ignition on then off and try again.

You can bypass the keypad and initial pin immobilisation if the keypad is the problem, rewiring is required though. As above, if you can afford a tow give Mao at Evo R a call and see if he can help (sorted a similar issue) and get a tow from Gerrin @ Anytime Towing.

Edit - too slow, beaten by the brant master Mao!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:42 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

tris7an at standard level

yeah mao is great appreciate his help excellent service inside and outside his shop great guy will be calling him if i need the help : D

but thanks to all p-wrxers for their pm's and advice you're all great ; )
Old 05-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Sir AntiLag

Wrx_92 at standard level

was bout to say the same go to evoR or call mao cos theydo this type of service lol
Old 06-01-2012, 01:55 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

just drove down then got in the car and first shot fired up lol

will be getting it fixed tomorrow : D

apreciate all the help especially mao for offering to come down at midnight to help
Old 13-04-2012, 12:46 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Hey guys back on this topic thanks to Mao my brant allows me to drive so thanks Mao ; )

But I still have times when the car won't start so I turn it off put it back onto accessories for 5 mins and then all the way and it starts also some times it won't after doing this but applying the brake starts the car??? Any ideas what this could be fuel pump still brant any help would be great I don't get stuck any where longer then 15 mins but it's annoying

Thanks
Old 13-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Flat Four Father

TROLLEY is a guruTROLLEY is a guru

Quote:
Any ideas what this could be fuel pump still brant any help would be great I don't get stuck any where longer then 15 mins but it's annoying
broke.my.brain.
inrextc likes this.
Old 13-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Flat Four Father

mao at standard level

To make it clear:
1) Vehicle would not start to begin with, drove down after work at midnight on my own accord (no charge) and bypassed Brant, it started up first thing.
2) Now vehicle with Brant removed and vehicle has intermittent starting problems, so you have other non-Brant related problems.

You have to bring it down to the workshop to get it checked. Intermittent starting problems can be anything from starter motor, fuel pump to ignition issues.

Cheers.

Quote:
Hey guys back on this topic thanks to Mao my brant allows me to drive so thanks Mao ; )

But I still have times when the car won't start so I turn it off put it back onto accessories for 5 mins and then all the way and it starts also some times it won't after doing this but applying the brake starts the car??? Any ideas what this could be fuel pump still brant any help would be great I don't get stuck any where longer then 15 mins but it's annoying

Thanks
Old 14-04-2012, 04:02 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

appreciate your help mao will have you look at it when i bring wheels in ; ) i don't know what it could be the brant is fine since the fix you did but still won't start some times its such a hassle will come down next week to see you : D

thanks heaps
your a life saver
Old 14-04-2012, 05:07 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Dan [GTI] knows their stuff

Is there an inherent problem with the BRANT system or certain circumstances that kill them?

***I know BUG-EYE WRX's had that recall a while back for the system be faulty and that (apparently) the PEANUT WRX is the most reliable with the BRANT system?!

Tags
brant, pos, system