Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-04-2006, 07:07 PM
STI Master

maddog at standard level
Default OEM Fuel Regulator

Discussing fuel lines on another thread I felt it necessary to point out the poor quality of the OEM fuel regulator. In the picture below with my modified fuel rails the tiny can at the top left is the old fuel reg. Compared to the Sard its absolute crap.

Now if your happy to leave this tiny piece of hardware running your modified pride and joy go ahead, I can't. Unlike a fuel pump if your fuel regulator fails its game over. Changing to a decent regulator made sense to me, the Malpassi was an option, however the Sard is a lot sexier and way better engineered. For under $300, I felt it was a good investment.

To then buy all the other hoses and fittings, cut, trim, gut the old regulator, silver solder, and splash on some paint it was less than $100 for these parallel Fuel Line mods. Done at the same time as the Sard fuel regulator, retuned when a new ECU was fitted, it was not imho an expensive modification. An upgraded fuel pump had been previously fitted.

Done as a DIY its a really affordable and enjoyable modification that helped my MY99 to safely achieve a 12.83 Qtr on a TD04 turbo, standard internals and original gearbox.

Last edited by maddog; 16-04-2006 at 07:10 PM. Reason: unstuffed the image link...

Tags
fuel, oem, regulator