Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Sir AntiLag

rstasy at standard level
Default GDB STi - Airconditioner Failure

Everyone;

I have regassed my A/C twice in the last 2 months. Last failure was found to be 2x 'O'-Rings on the Hi/Lo pressure side of the compressor (common failure due to heat; and furthermore brittleness of said 'O'-Rings. Replaced these. Pulled a vacuum. System integrity okay - regassed and was cold for 3 days - but, now I'm back to square one.

There's no remnants of the dye/oil mixture (which is green) around the Hi/Lo ports on the compressor; which is leading me to think it's either the 'O'-Rings coupling the TX Valve to the Hi/Lo piping of the evaporator core; or the evaporator core itself is leaking. I notice there's a hissing from the fanvents when the A/C is activated; which leads me to think there is still remnant pressure in the A/C circuit (enough to close the circuit on the pressure sensor and allowing the clutch to energise on the compressor - and still provide pressure) - which in my eyes is a dead giveaway to a shagged evaporator core.

I'm basically wondering if there's any common faults that anyone has encountered on their GDB before I go pull apart the dash; as it could well be something else.

Cheers.
Old 26-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Sign me up!
bug love

munya at standard level
Send a message via MSN to munya Send a message via Skype™ to munya

Well from my experience anything involving getting to the TX valve on the GD series is a dash out job

Sent from da iPhone

Tags
2003, airconditioner, failure, gdb, sti