Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Mechanicals
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2013, 03:41 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

zmk at standard level
Default Got 4 new tyres and wheel alignment done; car now pulls left

Hi all

I just got 4 new tyres on my MY07 Lib last week (Bridgestone RE002's 215/45/17) along with wheel alignment. After driving to work and back (local roads) I never got a chance to go onto a freeway/highway etc.

On Saturday I was driving on beeliar drive and when I let go of the steering wheel for a few seconds I noticed the car veers to the left quite badly. Same thing happened on Kwinana freeway and Roe highway, if I let go of the steering wheel for a few seconds I change lanes with the car veering off.

I'm obviously not going to drive around town without holding onto the steering wheel, so thats not the problem, I am more concerned about the fact that I could be chewing up my brand new tyres if they're misaligned. I dropped of my car at Bridgestone again and they've said that it could be 'radial drag/radial pull' on the tyres, and since they're asymmetrical they will just swap the two front tyres around and see how it goes.

Am I being taken for a ride by Bridgestone? or could that be the actual problem. Even though the tyres are asymmetrical surely they would still have a recommended 'this side goes outside' label? - see thread: http://www.bridgestone.com.au/lib/im...treadRE002.jpg

Will have a chat to them when I go back to pick up my car this arvo, but figured I'd get some advice for now.

tl;dr: got new tyres/alignment and car starts veering left - bridgestone claims its 'radial pull' and not sure if they're bullshitting

cheers

Last edited by zmk; 06-03-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Tags
alignment, car, left, pulls, tyres, wheel